Sign in to follow this  
Sallya

I love it when a plan comes together

All the appointments have started to come in thick and fast for the assessments,

but I just wanted to tell you about today;

we saw the LEA Ed Psych this morning- the one who wouldnt see D when I needed new evidence when I was trying to change the LEAs mind about Stat assessment- anyway- I was not looking forward to it- but- he is going to base his report on the Independant EPs report, and was in total agreement with everything I had to say about the new funding system

(that it shouldnt be up to parents to monitor the way the school is using resources, and as there is very little monitoring of the new system, he needed the protection of a statement, as he is very vulnerable in mainstream school.)

He is also going to send me a copy of his report before he sends it to the LEA, in case there is any wording that I want changed, or not correct.

Sorry to still be boring the pants off you all again, just wanted to share that, and I promise not to keep going on about it any more :lol:

Sorry to still be boring the pants off you all again, just wanted to share that, and I promise not to keep going on about it any more :lol:

Don't apologise for telling us about a GOOD ed psych. It's stories like yours that help convince us it IS worth the work it takes, and that the mythical, magical beasts (somewhere on a par with the Unicorn) do still exist even if numbers are dwindling rapidly...

Congrats. Lets hope all the other snowballing appointments prove equally rewarding.

L&P

BD

Hi Sallyanne,

I'm glad the visit from the ed psych went well, it's good to have someone from the enemy camp on your side. :devil: The LEA will tend to pay more attention to the words of wisdom from one of their own.

Baddad, we were lucky to have captured one of these mythical creatures too - a tame EP, and she is lovely: my daughter likes her and she has listened carefully to all my concerns and worked very hard on our behalf.

K