Sign in to follow this  
julia

Good sites online ????

Hi i am now home schooling my 14 year old son !! with some help from the hospital school he attended for a year , I wonder if any of you know of any good sites online !!? .He does Sam Learning online but we are looking for more sites ,We tried some others but he can take an instant dislike to them .He really enjoys a choice of answers and to drag the answer into the box !! Any hand writting is out of the question !! We are looking for good and interesting maths sites too !!!

I look forward to your replys

julia

Hi Julia -

You've probably been there/done it, but there is quite a lot of TV themed/linked stuff at the CBBC site under education. In addition to the online stuff there are printable worksheets, and (probably) links to other education sites where they plug software...

There's a few good, small, free software programmes available from Adders (adhd forum) covering various parts of the curriculum. Word search makers, hangman game, crosswords etc all allow you to make up your own word lists, so you can tie in with whatever your doing at home... Their link doesn't seem to be working right now, but here it is for later:

adders

go to software...

I think they only do the full range now if you actually register, but this is worthwhile 'cos the programmes are tiny (average about 2mb) but do hold the interest... as well as educational there's a few good, simple games, and you can buy a disc with the whole lot on for a couple of quid...

Hope that's helpful

BD :D