Sign in to follow this  
Special_talent123

Strange way of putting it but- English

Yesterday (Saturday), I went to a supported housing place which is for people who have challenging behaviour and mental health problems.

Last thursday my old youth worker suggested doing this course because I didn't get the support I needed at college with english and the support never happened. She said 'did u know the supported housing next door, do english classes'. I said no she gave me the leaflet about it and bought the women out to talk to me. I then when explained the situation she took her to her office and signed me up and asked me if i had disabilities and mental health and what they are.

Yesterday I started. Had a discussion about what happened at college, and not getting the support I needed because the tutor would say ' you could do with someone working with you', but then it doesnt happen and i get shouted at.

The assessment is at E3 to determine what level I am at.... he got me to write short sentences about dolphins, why i like dolphins, what i do support dolphins and why people should like dolphins. He came back in the room to find me doing half the page.

Then he went ' you look like your writing a book here', I said 'yes because I am writing a book'. This english class isnt like school/college because they make it fun and make it be used in day to day lives but its functional skills.

Any way we ended up having a discussion about being on T.V 'the autistic me' and dyspraxia. He told me he had dyspraxia as well then asking me how i hold my pen as said i could never used to read my hand writing and also we both trip up alot.

Any way when i said I am writing a book he went 'really', i said 'yes'. He said bring it in, i said its on computer. Then he said bring that in and i said no its too heavy, i said its on my IPad, he said bring that in. I said ok then I will. He asked if i prefer handwriting or typing and i said typing so he is letting me use IPad for adapting to my needs.

Also i will be getting 121 with the tutor, so I picked a time when there isnt any students around and me and tutor get 121 which means i will probably able to progress. He were shocked to find out i know my learning style and not many people know there learning style. Every saturday i will be doing 12pm for 1 hour.... they know I have to be in London some saturdays for my young ambassador and they fine with it but i have got to find out how long in a month

Sounds as though you have a good tutor there who will keep you motivated, hope you carry on enjoying the course. English should be fun and inspiring.

K x.

There are loads of writers who **** at grammar or have dyslexia.. like Roald Dahl...

the fact that the brain functions kinda different has it's pro's and con's..

creativity is usually an asset then: http://www.dyslexia.com/famous.htm

Great tutor :D, I love such inspiring people!!

(also writing a book, fantasy for 12+, in Dutch though ;-))

Edited by butterfly73