Sign in to follow this  
elainem

DLA question

Hi

just phoned them to see if they had rec'd report from school. yes they said and a decision has been made. wouldn't say over phone, fair enough.

but I was wondering, they only wrote to school - not SALT or psychiatrist. I can't make my mind up whether that means school have given enough verification of the condition that they don't need to or whether on the basis of mine and school reports they have decided not to award.

I know I should just wait for the letter but you know, so impatient and it might be two weeks.

What does anyone think?

Elaine

Why not ask the school for a copy of their contribution.

It all depends on the schools view. If you have a school that thinks that thinks your child is suffering from nothing more than neurotic parents there may be troubkle ahead. If you school is switched on and supportive, there should be no major cause for concern.

Simon

thanks for that Simon. I think the school are very aware of M's probs and have been brilliant so far. I gues my worry stems from the fact that DWP chose to contact the school rather than the professionals eg SALT or Psychiatrist. I wondered whether in my impatience! I could read anything into that.

Any experiences shared very welcome ;) Thanks

Elaine

If the school's report agrees with the things you've put on the form then it may well be that they have decided that this is enough verification and therefore do not need to contact anyone else. :pray:

If they've turned you down I suspect that you could probably make the point in your appeal that they hadn't bothered to collect all the available information. Good luck! :pray:

Great news, weve just re-applied as Max's runs out day before he is 5. Hopefully we will get mobility this time, but I'm not holding my breath. As long as we can keep high rate care I'll be happy.

Well done you, its a rotten process and took me weeks to gear up to it.

Jo

Good news, well done >:D<<'> :thumbs:>:D<<'>

DWP only wrote to the school for our son too even thought we'd put for them to write to his consultant. Our school is not particularly helpful (not sure what they put and have asked for a copy) but we were turned down. :crying: So we have asked for it to be reconsidered, don't know if they will ask for more info but we can expect another 11 week wait to find out :(

So well done you B)