A-S warrior

a humbling experience, i have to share.

i have a good friend, shes 27 and has battled with cancer for a while now. it has spread to her bones, liver and other places that we maybe dont know about. anyway her time is very valuable and she is living her life to the full right now and not wasting a single day. yesterday she sent everybody a text saying are you free? everyone had plans exept me. so i said im free, so we went to brighton and had a very fun day together, to the point i even forgot she was unwell, i tryed japanesse food (very strange) and just had a blast. her personality is so coulorful and eletric so much so that all that meet her get a warm glow and a good felling inside. i felt so privileged and hourned to of spent a day with her, really im not lying about that, it was one of the best days ive had in a very long time if not in my life. to see her being so brave and strong has inspired me, if you were to see her you would just think she was fighting the common cold with the way shes getting on with her life, you cerainly wouldnt think she was going through cemotheropy. i just had to share this with you, im in awe, and im a very hard person to impress. even though she invited everybody, the fact that only i showed up and she still had so much fun makes me feel proud. everything ive been through latley doesnt even come close to what shes going through, and that has really humbled me. and to see her cope in such and amazingly brave way has really taught me a valuble life lesson. shes not let it stop her being happy and living her life and i can take a huge lesson out of that. i just hope we can have a few more days like that, the doctors dont sound confident but im just living on the hope she will pull through, the world needs pepole like her.

Good you both had a good time.

Some people adapt to bad news and other don't. Sounds like your friend has gotten worked out what she wants to do with her remaining time and I'm sorry to say that people like that are hard to find at the best of times.

Remember that she will probably have bad days as well where all she wants to do is crash on the sofa, but with friends like you around she should know that she always has someone to turn to/talk to should she feel the need

Really good post A-S Warrior and thanks for sharing this part of your life with us.

When many years ago I lost my cousin who was even younger than your friend in similar circumstances. She was engaged when she found out and they decided to go through with the wedding which was a beautful day full of so much joy. I couldn't believe how strong she was on that day you simply wouldn't have known, a few months later she was gone from us but the memories are strong even all these years on. I am sat here crying and thinking of happy times with her.

Fingers crossed for your friend, life is not fair at times the cards are very random. Treatments have improved so much but things do not always work out how we want them to. You say you have a good friend she has a good friend in you A-S Warrior. I guess it was very hard day for the both of you but those memories are there now they can not be erased. I sincerly hope you can share them for many years to come and repeat the experience along with a few new ones, but we never know what tomorrow might bring.

You are so right we do waste time when there is so much we could do with out lives.

Best Wishes.

Good you both had a good time.

Some people adapt to bad news and other don't. Sounds like your friend has gotten worked out what she wants to do with her remaining time and I'm sorry to say that people like that are hard to find at the best of times.

Remember that she will probably have bad days as well where all she wants to do is crash on the sofa, but with friends like you around she should know that she always has someone to turn to/talk to should she feel the need

Really good post A-S Warrior and thanks for sharing this part of your life with us.

When many years ago I lost my cousin who was even younger than your friend in similar circumstances. She was engaged when she found out and they decided to go through with the wedding which was a beautful day full of so much joy. I couldn't believe how strong she was on that day you simply wouldn't have known, a few months later she was gone from us but the memories are strong even all these years on. I am sat here crying and thinking of happy times with her.

Fingers crossed for your friend, life is not fair at times the cards are very random. Treatments have improved so much but things do not always work out how we want them to. You say you have a good friend she has a good friend in you A-S Warrior. I guess it was very hard day for the both of you but those memories are there now they can not be erased. I sincerly hope you can share them for many years to come and repeat the experience along with a few new ones, but we never know what tomorrow might bring.

You are so right we do waste time when there is so much we could do with out lives.

Best Wishes.

cheers guys, it means alot to hear that. ive always been self concious when it comes to the question of, am i a good friend or not? ive always felt kind of selfish.

Nobody's perfect mate, you have a wicked sense of humour, have a laugh and all that, but you can still be serious and thoughtful when you need to be - you may not get it right every single time - but at least you are trying - or you see when something might not have been the best initial response and try to readjust - can't knock that :)