lizzy-wilson

Feeling low tonight, need cheering up.. could really do with a friend..

I've gone from feeling happy to feeling down, happens quite a bit. Doesn't help that mum is tied up with doing something for work, so can't really talk to her. The weather doesn't look brilliant for this week, could be in for some thunder, which I'm not keen on....and its just sinking in that I don't have to go to school ever again, I should be feeling happy, not feeling like this!

Time like this I could really do with a friend to talk things over with.

sorry, im the forums ###### taker (while meaning well) my hearts in the right place, im harmless. any time you need a chat pm me, you got a friend here.

Edited by A-S warrior

Same here Lizzy :-)

Hey Lizzie looks like you have made lots of friends already and they are great people, so you are in good hands. :-))

lizzie i notice you like gardening......what have you grown, built, dug up recently?

I've got an honourary sister that plays african drums, ive played once and they are great fun.

What sort of music do you like? Does playing or listening to music help?

You can always talk to me too! You know the school thing - you'd be surprised how common it is among people with an ASD. I felt exactly the same so I totally understand :) Us people with ASD rely on structure and routine, so yes other people look forward to leaving school, but for us it means the loss of so many routines and the structure I know I for one defintely crave. There's no rules about how you should or shouldn't feel. It's not wrong to feel sad or anxious about not going to school anymore. I also understand about the thunder thing - it terrifies me along with fireworls, party poppers and anything else which makes a large bang! There are plenty of people who understand so if you need us, come and find us. I'm happy to talk anytime :)

Cool another Liverpool FC fan, only 1 steven gerrard :-)

The book 'Martian in the Playground' springs to mind here, written by Claire Sainsbury

and details experiences of many children on the spectrum from school.