lizzy-wilson

Link for a video of the band I'm in

Attached is a video of the band at one of our practices. The song is The Great Escape.

It's part of 3 songs but put all together; the first one being Chariots Of Fire then The Great Escape then Soul Limbo (AKA the cricket song to us)

Had our last carnival of the season today. Played none stop for 2hours of the back of a lorry

We've had three or four carnivals this year with the band. Today has been the best one I've done all season.

Hope you got better weather for it than where I live :lol: I used to like watching the carnivals when they used to happen, cuz they went right past my house so I could watch through the window, they were fun to watch :)

Hope you got better weather for it than where I live :lol: I used to like watching the carnivals when they used to happen, cuz they went right past my house so I could watch through the window, they were fun to watch :)

where do you live actully? id immagion somewere like cambridge or along those lines.

Luckily we've only had one wet one, if it does rain we can't let the pans or anything get wet as it would ruin them!

where do you live actully? id immagion somewere like cambridge or along those lines.

Most people who put their location have it listed under their profile pic on the left of their posts - it says Cumbria on Lizzy's :)

Luckily we've only had one wet one, if it does rain we can't let the pans or anything get wet as it would ruin them!

Yeah, that could be expensive :lol:

Did many people come and watch you?

Yeah, there were loads of people yesterday!

It's a nice atmosphere isn't it? Did it give you a bit of a buzz - sometimes I like it when people are being happy and stuff (very rarely but hey it happens occasionally) lol

Where I grew up the local park was a mile away, and every Sunday in the summer, the town band would practice at the bandstand in the park, if it was a calm day or the wind was blowing the right direction, I could hear it quite well, I used to sit in the garden and listen to them play and it was always a pleasant feeling.

I find it funny, because on one level I am not a fan of bands, but then on another level I find it fun because it creates an atmosphere, so while I would never listen to those types of music on a cd for example, I do like listening when occasions crop up and there's a band playing (the marching bands are fun to watch too).

Most people who put their location have it listed under their profile pic on the left of their posts - it says Cumbria on Lizzy's :)

i was asking you sir, all i see is not telling.

darkshine

Carnivals and things similar to that are different, you get different people. We played a gig a couple of weeks ago and it was one of the best gigs I've done. Everyone was up dancing and singing along. It was brilliant!!

Last year at a torchlight possession...we won a prize for the 'best marching band' How I don't know...as we were on the back of a lorry!!

darkshine

Carnivals and things similar to that are different, you get different people. We played a gig a couple of weeks ago and it was one of the best gigs I've done. Everyone was up dancing and singing along. It was brilliant!!

Last year at a torchlight possession...we won a prize for the 'best marching band' How I don't know...as we were on the back of a lorry!!

Yes all those things have their own vibe according to the situation and the people - the gig sounds brilliant!!

I guess it makes me laugh, cuz I really don't like groups of people and certainly not crowds - but there are the odd occasions where the vibe reaches me and I enjoy it.

Haha, excellent, a marching band prize for riding on a lorry :thumbs: what the hell eh? They must have loved the music :lol:

That's why I like music - it can be a personal thing or it can be something to share - you can break through barriers without words because a feeling from music or an event can be shared between people. Even if I find it weird to share it - I do sometimes like sharing it with others, it's nice to know that there's certain levels where I can connect with people in a non-verbal way :)

i was asking you sir, all i see is not telling.

That's because I'm not telling :lol: but since I'm not completely evil I will say that I am within a 300 mile radius of Brighton and I don't live in Wales.

Oh and I don't live in Cambridge either - I'm from the Midlands originally so Cambridge would be my idea of hell, I'd be like a ruffian entering the world of the refined - I wouldn't mind visiting or passing through (although I never have) and I have nothing against people who are different to me - and there's apparently some beautiful architecture and places to see in Cambridge - but I really wouldn't belong there.