Sign in to follow this  
Viper

manners?

Good morning.

We have a problem with manners, Ben sneezed and when I told him to put his hand in front of his mouth, he asked why. I explained about spreading germs and he said, if I put my hand in the way it will get covered in germs, why would anyone want germs all over their hands. :lol:

I can see his point and with AS logic I can't persuade him otherwise. Imagine the problems when he goes to school etc. :fight:

Viper.

When he's at the height of a tantrum, James will deliberately cough loudly into my face just to see if it will wind me up. What a darling, eh?

Karen

x

I know where you are coming from. My son is like this. We, unfortunately, have to be VERY careful about mentioning germs, as my son started to develop an OCD about washing his hands because of germs after they had a lesson in school about germs.

We just say now, that he must put his hand over his mouth so as nobody else will catch his sneeze/cough etc. It doesn't work all the time, but he is starting to remember. We just need to work on the eating with mouth closed now...

Hi,

Kai doesn't have very good manners either (and he is almost 7). His table manners are that of a 3 year old. He also sneezes all over me, wipes his nose on my sofa :sick: and talks with his mouth full. I remind him every time but it doesn't sink in.

I think he sometimes does it to wind me up, but i'm pretty sure it's an ASD thing too.

Loulou x

Ds likes to use the appropriate blessing when someone sneezes. Unfortunately as his pronunciation for certain things is not that good or maybe he just thinks it sounds more approriate but we get 'snessyou' in our house if we sneeze.

Ds generally has two states of mind either impecbale manners screaming at the top of his voice 'mummy please can I have a tissue?' or he wipes his nose on me and completely forgets we have such things as tissues.

I am not sure whether he does apply hand in the event of coughing etc. Maybe I should teach him I don't think he'll learn from observation alone.

hi ALL MY 2 REFUSE TO WASH EVERYDAY TRY TO GET OUT OF BRUSHING THEIR TEETH HAVE TO FIGHT TO GET THEM INTO THE SHOWER ONCE A WEEK NOT TWICE TWIN2 EATS WITH HIS FINGERS AN THEIR CLOTHES LOOK LIKE THEY HAVE ROLLED IN THE MUD EVERY DAY WOULD GO TO BED WITHOUT WASHING EVER KEEP SMILIN LUV KARIN XX