LolaP1986

New Here

Hello,

I'm new here. I'm 25 and currently undiagnosed. Hopefully that will change next month :) Recently read Aspergirls, and I feel like a weight has been lifted. My dad is also AS, which is how I came to realise I am too.

I did my degree in Physics, but have struggled to gain graduate employment or get on a postgraduate course. I interview badly. So badly that I lose my ability to speak and even passed out once! Though recently I have been offered a place on a Master course, with fees paid, which I will take up if I can find enough money to live during the course. I am incredibly lucky to have a great boyfriend, who I live with. He is totally of accepting of me and all my quirks. I also have 2 rats, 2 geckos and a dog (who is my best friend).

Not really sure what to say now!

Hi there, Lola. It's good to meet another fan of "Aspergirls". I felt the same way when I read it - as though a burden had been lifted.

Edited by indiscreet

Hi Lola great to meet another reader of Aspergirls. felt EXACTLY as you did after reading it....i feklt the weight off my shoulders. yes i too am undiagnosed at 27, nearly 28, and the book is just totally me in too many ways :). unfortunately i cant get a diagnosis as there's no one locally, or in scotland that diagnoses adults.

i used to live near swindon - calne - my dad was in the RAF at Lyneham. i dont have an interest or aptitude for maths or science mainly due to a brain haemlorrhage at birth causing cerebral palsy, so my maths is useless. however i love history and dates and am an amatuer genealogist so get to use a few of my favourite things....computers and history :). i also have som sort of psychic sensitivity and have 2 cats, one whos very spiritual and seems to see things i cant! The other is 19 and very old. whats a gecko? :wacko::) never heard of those!

Hello everyone :)

A gecko is a type of lizard! My boyfriend is in the RAF, based at Brize Norton. Lyneham closed recently. Rosie when did you leave Calne? Did you ever visit the museum of computing in Swindon? Wow, 19? That is old. My parents dog died recently, he was 19!

Really, lizard eh :D you learn something new every day ;) . wow Lola was it really this year?! :o , id heard it was shutting next year. shame that :( . i used to live in calne from 1986-1992( i was 2-8yrs old). we left in the september of 1992. Before that from 85-86 we lived on hastings drive in Lyneham - not that i can remember!). I was born in Germany- in an RAF Hospital. My dad was at Brize in the 70s. No I didnt, visit the computer centre Lola, not that i can remember. i know from google maps Calne has changed LOADS :o....as towns do! but i still recognise most of it surprisingly. my long term memory is ace, especially for what people were wearing :wacko: strangely enough...hmm?, but my short term memory is well pretty rubbish. welcome to the forum :)

Welcome i felt like crying after reading aspergirls wish my family had the supportive attitude Rudy portrays ;'-(