smileyK

my parents going away fri-sun

my parents have decided to have long weekend break away together which i'm happy for them and about having their time but scared anxious step up take responsibility my parents keep trying to reassure me i'll be fine as i know how to do bits and pieces of daily living skills slowly but really quite tense and worried about the what ifs even though my uncle ( my mum's brother) lives like 5 mins round corner if had any problems/issues whatsoever he'd help out but worried if can do it handle it even though i know has to happen to prove i can do it and about time it does happen it alot of fear/panic/stress that surrounds situation i feel selfish for wanting to be protected all time and have security/reassurance of knowing my parents are there breaking away is so difficult for me ... i feel so bad for feeling so selfish feel so guilty :( as our parents have done so much for us in our lives they deserve 'them time' as only had day off in 22 years really

XKLX

ive had the house to myself every weekend since pretty much the late 90,s theres so much you can do with an empty house, you can go to toilet with the door open, wrestle the dog, trash talk into a toy microphone in front of the mirror, the possibilitys are endless. if you,ve got a little thing going with some guy, you can bring him round and be undisturbed, use this as a oppertunity to do whatever. when it comes to looking after the house, do what i do, leave everything to the last minute. failing that, just sweep everything under the rug 10 minutes before the parents are due back. just be careful, the last girl i had round left her bra on the living room floor, it was so awkward :unsure:

Wow those were the days - when I got the house to myself I got up to all sorts including spending several hours everyday glued to the first version of GTA - wow what a game that was! I used to buzz around the map on the maximum of 4 stars for hours until they gave up - sadly that feature is no longer in the newer 1st person versions where they re-spawn indefinitely on a maximum of 6 stars (gets kind of boring after a bit - yawn!).

I'm sure you'll be fine smileyK - just don't forget to tidy the house before they get back, LOL! Me and my Millenium party that I cannot remember except for the intense sickness I had the following day; one should never mix their spirits with their beers and cider - I've never made that mistake again since!

spending several hours everyday glued to the first version of GTA - wow what a game that was!

:cheers: it was epic, i was lucky enough to grow up between 2 generations (90,s going into the 00,s) so i rember very well the early GTA,s but i think excalibur was one of my most favorate playstation games.

Does anyone feel defeated failures greatly by daily living skills ??? I feel like never going to het anything trying so hard inside not give up keep fighting my mum gets annoyed at way get confused over way things are said this pushes me further be upset can't stop crying got headache feel so depressed by can't be " normal" ?

smileyK, I know exactly how you feel! I can completely relate to what you're saying in every sense. I understand the fears and the anxieties. I get filled with dread every time my mum and step-dad go away. People assume I should be used to it and should be ok because I've lived alone for 2 years before moving back home again, but I guess for me, in many ways having to move back home, having attempted to live alone, just compounded my belief that I can't function in the adult world on my own. Therefore now I live back home, I dread them going away. They're away for 3 nights the week after next (Sun - Weds), and I'm dreading it. I've already asked my friend if he can come stay for a night or 2 so I don't have to have 3 nights on my own. You will cope honey, because you can step up. Just because it feels a step too far doesn't mean it is. You often have to push your boundaries, and live through situations that feel beyond your control and capabilities, to show yourself you can do it. When you get through this weekend, you'll be so happy, because you'll see that you can cope on your own. You have just to do whatever you need to, to get through the weekend. Keep yourself busy with things you enjoy, get a friend or family member over for a couple of hours, or an afternoon, or overnight, so you're not on your own the whole time, go out for a walk etc. Just whatever will help you to cope and get through this. Spend time on the forum if it helps. Feel free to message me any time you want to talk. I check the forum regularly.

Does anyone feel defeated failures greatly by daily living skills ??? I feel like never going to het anything trying so hard inside not give up keep fighting my mum gets annoyed at way get confused over way things are said this pushes me further be upset can't stop crying got headache feel so depressed by can't be " normal" ?

I am frequently defeated by daily living skills even though I'm 48 and left home at 24. I am learning to accept that I am always going to struggle with daily existence and find life exhausting. It is a source of amazement that other people just seem to be able to do things and know things which I don't have a clue about. I know I'm not being very re assuring but I've survived the last 24 years and I'm sure you will too. Just remember you aren't the only one to find things so difficult.

L x

when my gran went away (she was my parent at the time) i wrote down about 25 questions asking what was needed to run the house.

gran wrote the answers under my questions and left instructions on how to manage the dryer, dishwasher, washing machine, kettle and other appliances.

the 'which! what to do in an emergency guide' is an excellent book. another option is to ask your uncle what he can do to help.

alexis

I've been very busy non stop polishing/ dusting & Hoovering upstairs cleaning bathroom Been to tesco get nibbles to eat ( tonights treats) munichies yum yum! (Chocolate cake pringles mini chocolate fingers) wish had friends round all busy non available! Been to pub down road two drinks with my brother being picked up by taxi at half twelve tomorrow to go have meal at pub mum and dad have rung few times they having nice time together enjoying it! I'm pleased & glad

My mum wrote down emergency contact numbers my uncle home number my auntie & uncle home number , my sister mobile number and my aunties home / mobile number