Sign in to follow this  
carolinew

Another wasted morning!!

Yet again it took us nearly all morning for my daughter to get ready to go out. She has real trouble making decisions,doesn't know what to wear,does her ponytail 27 times and its still not right in her eyes,has to sit in certain place in car,park in certain carpark,seem to spend my whole life tip toeing around her to stop her having a temper rage. We had diagnosis confirmed last week. Does it get better or is this how its always going to be? Sorry to moan but just feel so bewildered by it all.

>:D<<'> Caroline >:D<<'>

How old is your daughter? We had all of this with our youngest son, not the poney tail bit of course bu the rest. He is 8 now and much better now.

Carole

My daughter id 12 and we have been trying to get someone to listen to us since she was 5!!! It was all blamed on her being just a quiet child with low self esteem and me being an anxious mum!!!

Well done at not backing down and getting her dx sorted, too many give up too easy, but it must have been hard to be ignored like that by proffesionals, as they like to call themselves for all that time.

My son is only 6 but we do have a few similar problems, when it comes to where to sit in car, where to park etc etc and the 'PERFECTIONIST' which she seems to be with her hair. At the minute I find it easier to go along with what he likes as not of it causes a real problem for us, but there has been things we have had to change that he prefered done a set way, had to put up with quite a few meltdowns on the way but they get used to it.

Some of the decisions it might be best making for her, a lot of people on the spectrum have problems making the decisions, or even getting her to decide the night before, as when put under pressure it makes them even more stressed and increases the inability to make the decision.

Edited by lil_me

We did pick her clothes last night to make it easier. She finds decision making very stressfull and has had panic attacks on occasions. We have an appointment with a autistic outreach person to help us handle her behaviour cos my younger son is getting a bit of a raw deal at the moment. Everything is done to upset sophie as little as possible

Hopefully they will be able to offer some practical advice. My 4 year old I think has had to get used to the way things are done from being very small. Like where not to sit in the car etc, but as he gets older he's starting to deliberately wind his brother up by sitting in his seat etc :lol: cheeky little terror that he is.

My young son is the same,he has rrealised he can wind up sophie big time so easily and when he has been at the receiving end of alot of her frusyrations he doesn't hold back!!

My daughter is the same she is 13

Today it took her 3 hours to get out as everything goes wrong (she says)

Hair, which clothes to wear (is it hot or cold)

Then eyes were watering

On 2 occasions she gave up and discided to stay in instead of going to the shops with friend (however she had patience to wait I dont know)

I sometimes have to go out and just leave her which she hates

School mornings can be difficult sometimes resulting in not going in.

Sorry to sound negative but with age things have got alot worse

T