Hi. I am new and my dad has been diangonsed with pancrataric cancer which is advanced. There is so much to take in and its really hard as my mother has had enough, there is no support for me elsewhere apart from an Autism Outreach Worker who is only employed to look what she can make avaliable for the area where I live. Im 29 and there is a lot of things going on and I was just wondering if any one knows of any thing avaliable. Im also exeriencing pangs of jealousy over certain items people have which is childish But its becoming a problem

HELP please

Hello and welcome

Hard to process the fact that someone you care about is dying. I've lost a friend to cancer recently another 7 years ago and about to loose another 2 and it really hurts.

There is a book called 'autism and grief', also there are a number of organisations that might be able to help. CRUISE http://www.crusebereavementcare.org.uk/ is 1 that springs to mind.

Have you tried looking for autism groups in your area? Have you tried explaining to the Autism Outreach Worker that you need more help due to your Dads illness and that you mum cannot cope?

When was the last time the family had a benefits check to see if they could claim disability benefits? If your dad is under the age of 65 then DLA can be an option. The money could be used to pay for a carer.

Have you been assessed for a Personalised Budget? http://www.autism.org.uk/24618

There is also the 'self advocacy booklet' on the NAS website where you can download for free and write your needs to avoid the lengthy explanations over and over again with various agencies.