Mike_GX101

Games you loved during childhood

My favourites were:

Monsters in my Pocket (whatever became of them?!?)

Transformers (1980's style)

Micro Machines (used to spend hours playing with this ship which folded out into a Micro City :-)

Marbles

Matchbox cars - used to love lining them up

Lego

I used to enjoy building up vast Lego constructs taking several days to do them - I'd then use them in a game with toys like the Monsters in my Pocket, Matchbox cars and marbles bringing the whole lot to a crumbled-up wreck at the end a couple of hours later. Then I'd start to rebuild. Oh such days! Such fun!

As I grew older I used bigger (and more powerful) figures in my games leaving my Lego men in ruins much sooner. :dance:

Lego, especially this "girly" version they did called "Paradisa".

Scrabble

A little board game called "Off To The Tower" - I can't really remember the point of it, but there was a tower, and I remember the box :)

"Coppit" which was a bit like Ludo I think, but mostly I just liked the name, and the fact that the board was black - it was like staring into nothingness.

Ker-plunk (but I didn't like the loud noise of the marbles dropping, and we used to get told off for playing it when Dad was on nights! :))

CONNECT FOUR!!! That was awesome!!!

Playmobil - endless, endless fun :)

Yeah, I used to line up playmobile figures, I had barbie dolls, and both me and sister had puppy in my pocket toys. I remember I had ker plunk, and hungry hippos games. I also had the operation game which used to make me jump a bit.

Bike Mice From Mars, Captain Bucky O'hare, Lego, A mat that had loads of roads on it so you could push little cars around on it, tons of matchbox cars and I did love scale electrics (still do but don't have any :P ) and Tonka toys, I would spend a long time with each of my toys and make up little games, it seems all of mine pretty much evolved vehicles now I come to think of it.

i used to like connect 4 ,guess who games like that really used get fed up wih games think was down to TOM imaginative play even struggle now with this playing with niece get bored struggle to play with her and feel bad guilty as her auntie for that! she know i'm autistic!

XKLX

Lego, especially this "girly" version they did called "Paradisa".

I had this, what were my parents thinking ! I had a little villa with palm trees, was one of my favorite lego sets.

Oh dear, showing my age now - but here goes:-

Pogo stick

Home made Stilts!

Skipping games

Ball games [using two tennis balls against the wall].

Hide & Seek or 'Lurkey' with the neighbourhood kids

Riding my bike

Going 'stalking' with my dog in the forest over the road [now a new housing estate!].

Climbing trees

Gymnastics

Pippa dolls [they were smaller and cheaper than barbie]

I don't really remember any 'indoor' games apart from Mouse Trap, Twister [the orignal], and a game my brother always wanted me to play with him called Colditz.

I had to share the bedroom with my older sister, and I had two other brothers - so most of the time I wanted to get out the house.

I also remember enjoying something called "Screw Ball Scramble" - I absolutely loved it and looked forward to getting it one Christmas.

I also avidly loved getting Lego for Christmas boxed in the well-arrayed boxes Lego package it in - I suppose this is where my aspie-traits show up because I loved checking all the bits were there and loved the assemble of Lego initially via the instructions before I integrated the bits into my main Lego box afterwards. I still identify with that feeling when I pass the Lego isles in shops like WHSmith's.

Sadly I'm much too old for it now though! In fact that was the very reasoning my parents used to stop my obsession with Lego in its tracks - I was too old for it! And with that went a hell of a lot of constructive creativity too that I never did get to develop further.