Sign in to follow this  
niki

meltdown of the century

Tricky was out on his bike today and he collided with a parked car and smashed the headlight with his knee!

Poor lamb it took nearly two hours to calm him down and he is still not right he has just woken with a night terror shouting "Iv'e broken myself mummy I've broken myself" it is a mess, its well black and nearly needed stitches, i had to get owner of said vehicle to come and tell him it was ok. (well i have to pay for a new head light) but the poor wee soul must have been in so much pain and the blood.....oh the blood..... and of course this just made him worse! he is now vowing never to ride a bike again!

It is going to take AGES for him to get over this one. We had to ring ALL our relatives tonight so he could check everyone was safe. Bless

I have greast sympathy for both of you! Sometimes it's hard to know whether medical attention will freak them out more than the original injury. Mind you, carrying an AS child with a bleeding hand (accident with a door!) and a top-volume scream into a medical centre is the quickest way I know of jumping the queue.

Well, it could have been worse - the day before a car in Germany ran into the Australian women's cycling team. Killed one outright, 3 still in intensive care (and will never ride again) 2 are now 'satisfactory'.

Don't tell Tricky. Hopefully the summer holidays will give him time to get over it and (maybe) regain his confidence.

Com is similar when he bleeds, but only if he bleeds - broken arms, fingers, etc. take days before he mentions them to us. This means everything has to go to a&e just in case.

good luck

nemo

turms out stitches not needed and wound is finally healing nicely, so as it seems is tricky however he has decided to stay in the garden with his bike for the time being.

>:D<<'> Bless him, I hope he isn't like my son, if he has a scab on him he has to constantly pick at it as he hates it being on his skin :hypno:

Medical attention freaks my son out, he won't even usually let me look at any injuries :wacko: plasters and cream a massive no no, he has a dickyfit if I even try to buy them for the rest of the family when he is there