watergirl

Greetings from my waterworld.

Hello everyone......

This is just a short initial message to introduce myself and try and work out how the techy stuff on this forum works.

My name is Samantha and I was recently diagnosed as being Asperger's/ASD. It has taken a long time to get this far, as I am older than most and have adapted to the world fairly well over the years, so the cause of my problems wasn't so obvious as some other people's. I spent many years working mostly on my own outside, where it was nice and quiet, so it came as a bit of a shock when I had to change jobs and work indoors with lots of people. The problems arising from this enforced change meant that I switched jobs several times before ending up unemployed, and, after help from the job centre, this has eventually resulted in my diagnosis.

I suspect that we have other family members with similar problems, and I will be away next week visiting my parents to try and find out more, which may be helpful to the family, and also to me in order that I can move forward.

I am a deep thinker, and have much to explore, so I am hoping other people on this forum will enjoy some thoughtful chat, although it may take me time to think things through to reply properly.

I look forward to chatting, :curlers:

Hello and welcome. I was also older (47) when I found out I have Asperger's and, like you, have adapted to the world fairly well (in my own way) but after joining this forum I understand myself much better and have found it a great comfort to know I have things in common with the other forum members.

L x

Hi Samantha:),

Welcome to the forum...Looking forwards to sampling your deep thoughts...x

Hello and welcome! I'm pretty new around here but have already read quite a bit and found it very useful. Hope you enjoy your time here and more so that you manage to discover more when you visit your parents :)

Thank you for welcoming me everyone.

My timing of joining the forum is poor in some ways, as I'll be away for a week and not sure if I'll have online access, but I have so many thoughts in relation to AS/ASD that I want to explore under a variety of topics. I want to take my time writing them though, .......one of my issues is having an event horizon approaching (going away to see family in this case) and not being able to focus on anything new until the event is over.........I tend to resort to my comfort zone and routines for a while beforehand with anxiety I suppose.

However, I have my follow up Psyche appt. on the 19th, which is the day after I get back, so when I eventually get to post anything specific on here I will, hopefully, be thinking more clearly.

It probably doesn't come across very well in my post, but I'm actually quite excited to have found a forum like this :curlers: X

Hi Everyone,

I'm back, but my thoughts are very scattered...........which in it's self made me think of something to ask about, so I'm starting a thread (straight line thinking)in the "General" section .....typical of me , I can't continue chatting on the "Meet and Greet".......it's the wrong area and I have to do things in the right places, lol.

See you there.............