Isobel

Feel really low today

I am leaving for a holiday on Sunday but I just can't lift this low mood I've got today. I think its because we had a heavy work load yesterday and my manager would not leave us alone, asking us to get on with it all the time. Hopefully this week's holiday will do me good but I hate feeling like this.

Sometimes a low mood needs to lift by itself and other times we can actively do so - the reasons you have stated for your low mood sound valid enough, its not great having someone on your back moaning, and a heavy work load can be difficult if you are tired or run down, so acknowledging you had a stressful day is important cuz its a fair point you know?

Tomorrow is another day as they say :)

Isobel, I suffer with lows and really manic highs so i can see where u coming from. do u know the trigger to your problem? what helps Music, tv? What usually lifts your moods up? I havent found mine yet. You can always PM me

Unfortunately i empathise as my mood is low as well (to put it mildly)

You might even find your manager is jealous that you're taking a holiday and sees working you harder as retribution.

Well, my remedy for stress seems to be training my dog as when I was getting ready to go and get her, my mood started to lift again and when I'm training her, I forget about everything else. I'm going to let the troubles with the manager go for now and just enjoy my holiday and I'll see how it goes. I feel better today. I really think an animal companion at work would benefit me but such a service for adults is not available at the moment, and I can't train one of my own dogs for it as they're too old.