smileyK

which parent get your A.S life more??? X

do you think your mum or dad has more compassion & empathy towards understanding your A.S and how this affects you and daily life ,behaviour??? In my situation used be my dad understood the way i was more and had patience do deal manage me but now seems it have switched to my mum its taking long taking long time years in fact for my dad get his head around me and my AS and way it g

It may have nothing to do with ASD but more about how the dynamics/relationships change as you get older. Everyone changes as they mature and this can impact on the relationship you have with your parents. I had a good relationship with my father until age 10 then started going through puberty and so became close to my mum until about age 15 we slowly started drifting apart,mostly because of her bad decisions(though I do take some blame) we have never got back to that "good place" again and its been 15 years now. It does'nt help that she is on the other side of the world. Whereas my father lives just 15min bus ride away,I see him once a week. I would say since my eldest was about 3 years old our relationship is much stronger,so about 9 years now.

With my boys' their father will not acknowledge their autism,he pretends now as we are going through courts regarding access but its been three years since Sam's diagnosis. The relationship has never been good with Sam and his dad but not sure if its just the ASD or also the fact that my ex was not their through most of pregnancy and only met Sam when he was 13months old. He was always very clingy with me which never helped. Whereas with Dan he has always been quite clingy with his dad not much with me,though I find recently he wants to be with me more and more.

As I say I think its alot to do with maturing/growing and also what is going on at that point in your life.

Same here, they shout me down and try and dictate how i should and shouldn't live my life.

Whenever i go out they demand to know where i am going, who i am with and what im doing.

There doesn't seem to be such a thing as a private life here and im really sensible when i got out.