Sign in to follow this  
invent 10 things b4 breakfast

IEP

Glad you posted this Becky - I have never seen timescales on my EP either!

I have become the world's greatest knowledge on what an IEP should involve!

This comes under 'provision' in the CoP IEP guidelines - ie they have to quantify how/when this additional support will be provided

My IEP's are awful - I have never seen any success/exit criteria or outcomes

The LEA sent in IEP's to the tribunal which had outcomes filled in but we have never been sent them.

We have never been involved in target setting as parents

All of these things should be part of the IEP

Our speech & language therapist set targets for the pre-school SEN setting to follow but some of them didn't even appear in the pre-school IEP!

We have a tribunal hearing scheduled for October

Sent our ombudsman complaint last week (failure to administrate proper paperwork in IEP)

Going to global mediation today!!

I think you should ask a searching question like 'what is your school's IEP policy' or something like that.

I'll be asking mediation 'have you read the code of practice? do you know what it looks like & what it's for?'

L :angry:

xxx

Yes, good luck Lesley :pray:

I was told by my sons caseworker at the Education Department that the hours should be detailed on the IEP.

Amazing how many people don't have this! I have sent a rather lengthly letter to the Head this morning with several "hook" questions for her to answer about how they are providing supoprt for my son, what they have done, when they implemented it and how it is working! Should keep her busy!