smileyK

wondering if doing exactly 'the right thing' here-hours of sleep needed!

Wondering if doing "the right thing" by planning how many hours I sleep I need the night before and trying make all night's same amount of sleep needed! Isn't working out! As even though feel tired need more scared I'll get gripped ,hooked,attached to wanting /needing more hours to sleep am feeling so ... Tired lately haven't got real clue to WHY as such! Know weather isn't helping matters right now with how feeling inside (lack of motivation,energy) feel so lazy if sleep in over sleep in my eyes! So confused "they" say 7-8 hours sleep but still never feel "alert" "refreshed" from sleeping! :( ???! X

I read an article somewhere once that seemed pretty interesting. It said that you need to get up at the exact same time every day, but go to bed when you feel like it - so long as it doesn't get ridiculous, like if you set the time you're going to get up for at 7am, don't leave it until like 4am to go to bed.

Anyway, here's the article:

http://www.stevepavlina.com/blog/2005/05/how-to-become-an-early-riser/

Maybe try that :D

If you read the article I suggested and try it out, and stick at it, you might be able to get into a routine and be able to wake up at the same time every day feeling refreshed. :)

You should get into a regular sleep cycle and go to bed/.get up around the same time every day. Everybody's sleep needs are different but usually 7 - 8 hours of good quality sleep is the norm. Apart from sleeping, the body needs the "downtime" to repair and rejuvinate itself. Try not to drink caffeine during the evening and don't go on computer etc before going to sleep. Reading before sleep is usually good so the mind/body winds down.

Sleep is fundamental to health. If you don't sleep it can be serious: see here

If you get up after 6 hours and feel sluggish and you're irritable then chances are you didn't get enough sleep so adjust accordingly until you awake feeling fresh. Freshness is not the same as having a coffee and feeling 'awake'.

know difference betwen both 'awake' and feeling 'fresh' but have never ever felt either or both .... do try my hardest to wake same hour in the morning but just doesn't plan out everything everywhere so messy! i have stopped drinking caffeine drinks of a night-time now go for hot chocolate so milky option instead! i know it's all linked together connected mood ,sleep,rest it all issues for me all three if can get one sorted hoping others will follow fall in place i so hope it works that way and in what order this goes?! Would like to talk this through with someone professional wise may bring up with CPN i see on 4th feb 'they' may want to take a peek at mood diary i'm currently recording along with sleep pattern!

XKLX

Sleep patterns are directly linked to mental health.

With everything that is going on right now it is not surprising your sleep pattern has been affected. You should write this down in your diary.

Never mind going to the Caribbean or going up in space - what I really dream about is having a sleeping holiday where I go to some far retreat somewhere in the middle of a forest and just sleep for about a week.

Sadly there is always too much to do. Even when I was younger holidays were always about doing things. You couldn't just stay in bed the whole time - holidays were about going out and exhausting yourself exploring the seaside, the towns, the villages and going on massive 10 mile hikes, etc so that when you got home you'd be too tired to go back to school! LOL

Edited by Mike_GX101

@ matzoball - I actually have little box to write in the amount of hours I've had to sleep so am recording along with mood states so suppose can see where both combine together etc