Sign in to follow this  
Alex_a_scholar

These days.......

@ alex - have you become medication resistant? how long your anti -D's stopped 'working' as such? i used to drink to emotionally 'blank out' numb out feel empty nothing just simply forget! when feeling in depressive state i turned to drink after i lost my special ladies! always turn to 'harmful dangerous' impulsive sources when feel like this what about you???

XKLX

I am totally insane. I probably always will be. It can be euphoric, it can be dangerous, it can be wet, cold, damp and generally horrible. I suspect I have cyclothymia. I predict my GP will soon send me to a psychiatrist.

i used also drink on meds used bring me down even deeper sink lower and further but my reckless careless impulsive attitude became 'i REALLY DON'T CARE ANYMORE! what happens to me anymore end of!' this is current mental health state which makes you honestly believe drink 'helps' when it's the opposite it a depressant so just adds to the depressive state already in even though at the time makes feel 'happier' ,chirper , i think will be sent to pysch soon to discuss further options you having any other support other than Anti-D's meds? have you stopped and started meds? as this can affect ablity to work effectively i know through first hand experience how messed up mental state can get into tricky situations - SEEK HELP NOW ! go docs tell them you've become meds resistant and may look into may different type of meds to suit your mood states! i know how bad it can get if left to simmer and damp with drink or other dangerous ,impulsive behaviours!

XKLX

All I do these days after my citalopram stopped working is drink a can of beer and listen to songs on youtube. I have absolutely no motivation whatsoever.

Please smother me in responses. Thank you.

CrazyMeds on Celaxa( Citalopram Hydrobromide ) is always good for a laugh !

Cipramil from Medicines.org note what it says regards alcohol ;

No pharmacodynamic or pharmacokinetic interactions have been demonstrated between citalopram and alcohol. However, the combination of citalopram and alcohol is not advisable.

What are people saying about Citalopram

But me I was on them for three years at 60mg and there was the plus points, I do wonder if the bromide in the name was anything to do with it, but peace for three years, but off it over a year now and still nothing doing, the libido is screwed, not that is was fab before, but now it just seems pretty much non-existant. I came off it by just forgetting to take it one day and it was three weeks later I remembered I had not taken my meds but three weeks off it was out of my system and it was staying that way as that stuff used to make me pretty ill in that I could not keep food down for long and it created a thirst for alcohol, like a raging thirst and I was bordering on alcoholism at one stage. My GP was meant to do a review, three years later I told him I had quit it, he had forgot the reviews.

Then came Mirtazapine and that stuff was brilliant compared to Citalopram, it slowed down my drinking massively, but then it is also used for addicts coming off stronger things, but it like the Citalopram I forgot to take one day and weeks later I remembered, too late am off it now and I have not gone back to anti depressants and the drinking is only twice a week now when I attend pub quizzes and if it were not for the quizzes, I wouldn't bother.

The result is being off the meds I am learning to manage what used to distress me, of course more knowledge is part of the cure and a healthy fear of experimental medication based on theories.

Edited by Sa Skimrande

I would like to point out that while coming off anti-depressants may work for some people as in Skimrande's case - please bear in mind this approach is not suitable for everyone. A person should really only stop medication when directed to do so by their doctor.

i come on/off medication several times but just feels it messes /screws up further but don't realise this at the time as in such 'state' you become so careless ,wreckless even with medication when you mentally 'unwell' you can't be bothered,asked even skip days in between as so much effort to even make self feel 'better' /brighter.

XKLX

I'm not a doctor.

However the advice I have been given is if you forget one day it is okay as long as you take your next dosage the next day.

It helps to set an alarm or reminder in some way so as not to forget.

I would like to point out that it's not the moderators place to offer medical advice, even if there is a medical professional amongst them - which there isn't.

When it comes to actual medication please refer to your doctor. They know better than we do how to best advise on what types of medication to take.

We are here to help, and we won't stop doing that. There are people of varied experience and expertise who use the forum who offer great advice. But we are not medical professionals and I would be remiss in not stressing that.