ash1990

finally she listened

I have wrote a few posts before about my struggle to get my health visitor to listen to my concerns....

But today we have had a break through finally she sees it appropriate to refer him on to a pediatrition, i have arranged SLT to come and see him.

Hes had his 2 year development assesment today and was average on the social and emotional side ofit but behind in his communication and fine motor skills.

My children's worker is disagreei ng with the social and emotional outcome as HV dint ask anything about concentration... it was just basic does your child say hello... will he talk to strangers... does he worry if ur not there.

So just thought Id share with you I seem to have smashed at least one of the bricks outta the wall between us and help :)

Xx

Im happy that someone has listened but feel really bad for feeling happy lol... my emotions are all over the place lol

Could It still be asd if he has good social skills?? Xx

Yes definitely. High functioning. You know your child best. You see them in all situations. Just because they CAN socialize when they have to, doesn't mean they do it naturally, or can cope easily with the amount of energy it takes. Behind closed doors, it can all be VERY different...as it is with most of us who have it. I say trust your instincts and don't feel guilty for fighting on their behalf...no one else but you is going to do it for them. Best of luck.

There is a lot going onI'm doing the right thing xxits more his understanding of things like he calls everyone nd everything mummy or apple... so it shows he has not understanding of the wrds nd he only says things when asked to.

Thank you nice to hear I

It is so nice to hear of someone who gets listened to for a change, you hear so many negative stories, this makes a refreshing change. I'm sure he will get the help that he needs now, but keep fighting and do keep us updated.