object

Hello, new on here.

Hello,

I joined not so long ago and have only put up a couple of posts. I was diagnosed with Asperger's last year. I thought I would just say hello to the forum.

:)

Hello object

Like your finger puppet - did you make it yourself? Welcome to the forum.

Lynda :)

Hi Lynda,

Nope I diddent make the puppet but I sort of attach personalities to objects and this is one....Finger Bear....:-)

You have interests in 'human anthropology, psychology/mental health'. That sounds interesting. I think having Asperger's can offer a perspective that cuts through the 'emotional/human stuff' and sees human behaviour from an interesting angle.

Have you seen the Killing? i watched series 1...brilliant.

Thanks for the welcome.

:-)

Hi Object

I can see Finger Bear has a personality! Unfortunately, we have to be careful with puppets in this house as my son has a real aversion to that...and Teletubbies from babyhood.

I tend to see things as all 'interconnected'...humans having an impact on history and the geography of the landscape which leads then into archeology, development of language and culture including music and art....blah-de-blah. More than anything, I find it fascinating that each generation seems to see itself as 'better' or 'more evolved' than the last when the truth is if 'civilisation' fell tomorrow it'd just be like in 'Lord of the Flies' or 'The Walking Dead' (and now 'Revolution'...yippee!) and we have little of the old skills to call upon now because we are so reliant on computers and technology (my Grandad used to knit his own socks for goodness sake!). However, we never really change however much we change...

I must admit that I never watched 'The Killing' - sounds like you really like it!

Hi Object

More than anything, I find it fascinating that each generation seems to see itself as 'better' or 'more evolved' than the last when the truth is if 'civilisation' fell tomorrow it'd just be like in 'Lord of the Flies' or 'The Walking Dead' (and now 'Revolution'...yippee!) and we have little of the old skills to call upon now because we are so reliant on computers and technology (my Grandad used to knit his own socks for goodness sake!). However, we never really change however much we change...

I must admit that I never watched 'The Killing' - sounds like you really like it!

I am prety pesemistic about human nature. If there was a cataclysmic/apocalyptic event on the planet I think that all too soon society would break down. The fabric of society seems fragile. I worry about this and don't feel particulariy secure.

There are really ace things in society though (like 'The Killing') and I can't understand why some people are prepared to risk crusing these things in favour of power and destruction.

i am not sure I really intended to type (or think) all this doom and gloom. :) When I was a child I used to wake up in the night having nightmares about a massive 'all-destroying' explosion. It was always the same - a small girl would pick a flower and the 'boom'. I am not sure where the dream was coming from and why I even remeber this now.

.......and hey trekster! :) I used to really be into playmobil and had the cowboys and indians. I would never have got rid of them but I just thought was too old (how wrong I was :)). I still like to see what new ones come out and how they evolved.

Edited by object

Hi there, this is a great forum it's great to have you as a new member hope you enjoy your time on here :-)

Hello Object.

I'm new here as well, I'm still waiting to be diagnosed but my doctor thinks I have the traits and it needs to be investigated. Glad to meet you look forward to talking with you here.

...it took me ages to think of a name for this forum....everything I thought of seemed to imply meaning that wasn't there...... so I came up with 'object' (hopefully a pretty neutral word with few conetations) :)