Sign in to follow this  
Viper

It never rains

Hi.

On top of all the stuff I've been dealing with, my DD 17yrs DX dyslexia has come home tonight (went to a party and stayed out last night) and told me she colapsed at the party with an asthma attack.

She has never suffered with asthma(not sure if I'm spelling that right) although I have suspected it for a while now. My sister had a cough for many years, it was a silly little cough and always started at night, one day she colapsed and was taken to hospital and diagnosed with asthma, well my DD started the same coughing a year ago and I told her to be careful, I even gave her an inhaler I had from when my NT DD was little and had asthma (grown out of it now)

She had been on a bouncy castle and felt a bit out of breath the suddenly colapsed, luckily a friend realised what it was and found someone with an inhaler, he sat behind her holding the inhaler and made her breath with him while he opperated it. Thank god he was there and knew what he was doing. My DD had no idea what was happening to her, even her boyfriend said I didn't know you had asthma, all she could say was my mum told me I did.

I can't believe all this, why does it all happen at once? She is going to reading festival soon, now I will worry even more about her.

Viper.

Guest flutter

im sure once she has been to docs and got meds to regulate life will get better

you are gonna worry anyhow for her wherever she is, but u dont need any extra c"�p at the mo

thinking of you

>:D<<'>

Hi Viper,

bouncy castles always set off my asthma as a teenager, and smoky parties. Didn't have a dx of asthma until serious attack at age 20. Then I realised what all those breathless feelings were caused by.

Having an inhaler gives you a safer feeling, if you can get it sorted with doc before she goes to Reading. The other thing I would suggest is telling the mates she is going with of the more serious signs that asthma is not being controlled by meds, the main one is being unable to talk whilst resting.

There are lots of first aiders at these events, and ambulance crews will have nebulisers. Chances are, if she has some ventolin on hand she'll be fine. It's outdoors so no smoky atmosphere's a start !

Viper,

Yes, there are a lots of 'first aiders' at Reading Festival, but it might be best to explain your concerns to the GP.

I hope all goes well at Reading Festival and that she has a great time.

Nellie xx

aww sorry she hd an attack, perhaps she will be careful now and not over exert herself, your gp should fix her up with an inhaler pretty quickly shouldnt he?

hope she has a good time at the festival :huh:

Sorry to hear about that, might be best to get her checked by the GP before she goes so she has her own inhalers, my son had very bad asthma when he was younger and it was a worry.

Good on her friend having some knowledge and dealing with the problem so well, don't get many teenagers who can react well in that type of situation.

Hope she has a good time at the festival :thumbs:

HI VIPER ONE OF MY TWINS HAS ASTHMA IN THE MIDDLE OF GETTING HIM A DUAL ONE AS HE KEEPS FORGETTING TO TAKE HIS BLUE ONE AT SCHOOL NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT SHE WILL BE WELL TAKEN CARE OF NOW DIFFERENT WHEN MY SISTER HAD IT WHEN WE WERE LITTLE SHES HAD IT ALL HER LIFE SO HAS MY MUM ME I ONLY EVER GOT CHEST INFECTIONS BUT NOW THATS SOLVED BY ME HAVING THE FLU JAB EVERY YEAR DONT WORRY SHE WILL BE FINE AND HOPE SHE ENJOYS THE READING FESTIVAL KEEP SMILIN LUV KARIN XX :D:D:D:D:D:D

Hi everyone.

My DD would be fine if she would take it seriously. She insists she is ok and I am worrying over nothing. I found out today, from one of her friends she has been having what dd called panic attacks for some time, her friend said she has trouble breathing.

I have made her an appointment with the GP and I will drag her there if I have to. I just wish she would see sense and conceed she has asthma. What can you do with teenagers?

Viper.

I have a 17 yo dyslexic daughter with Asthma,too.She does take her meds seriously now because she still does a lot of sport and gets exercise-induced symptoms,too.

I think that they hate a fuss about anything at that age.Hope the GP can make her see sense.xx