Sign in to follow this  
Fagsandbooze

new user name

Then I should be cheeriosteaandbiscuits :lol:

((((Fagsandbooze))))

>:D<<'>

I hope noone is offended by my new name it's just a joke, I thought it was quite humourous but if anyone is offended by it let me know and i'll change it.

How could it be offensive? :D it's just the name of two legal items merged together.

bet you'll make some posters think Mmmm, nice idea ! ( after a particularly bad day of course)

I'm not offended, am now trying to think of better name after discovering I share mine with a Leeds United supporters club ??

hi fagsandbooze,

welcome back ive had a few problems getting on to the forum too im getting on ok but then it cuts off and aload of error messages come up, im usless with computers so i shut down and try again. good one with the name change it made me chuckle i read it and thought mmm know that thought , hope you are well any news with the diagnosis yet , have you got to go to the city general to get the outcome thats where we had to go it didnt take them long to tell us infact i knew as soon as the doctor walked in the room, she had a nas leaflet popping out from under her file we had to wait a few minutes for our sons doctor to arrive then we were told the news they simply said iam sorry to say d--- has been diagnosed with autism how do you feel, have you any questions which of course we didnt at that time ,then we were told to apply for dla and that was that ,my sons doctor just said are you ok ,we had talked about this hadnt we so you knew that he would be formaly diagnosed he then said we could call him at any time if we needed anything it think we left in one sense releived in the other sad and very confused but it wasnt a moment to be sorry about it was the moment to say right ok it hasnt been our fault there is a problem and we will face it head on , neadless to say two and a half years on we dont takle the asd head on we walk hand in hand with it after all asd is just a small part to one wonderful child . Hope your holding up if you need a chat pm me or email chin up chuck ! keep us posted >:D<<'>

fagsandbooze... love the name! It could easily be me, as they are two things I regularly turn to for respite!

Though in my case it would probably be 'goingtoquittomorrow'... as that's what I say every day, and every day I don't manage it! ho hum.

Lauren

B) I often think I should have come up with a more interesting user name.I had no idea at the time that I would spend quite so much time here :wub: .If I was re-named I,d probably be ....Shop till you drop...or.....make mine a double :wacko: ........or........does my bum look big in this. :rolleyes: ........or.....mad mummy :devil: ......or my fave bouncer :bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

:lol: thanks everyone, I feel much better about my new name now.

Mom on a mission, The child development centre at the hospital in newcastle is where we went for dx last week. They phoned me today to tell me that the report has been typed up and is being posted first class today so I will have it tomorrow.

The secretary who phoned, after some persuasion read a bit of the report and from what i can make out joe has been diagnosed with aspergers syndrome, I'll let you know more detail tomorrow after the postie has been. :thumbs::pray:

hi fagsandbooze,

sorry there was no letter today but you know what the post is like around here you should get it monday if theyve posted it :wallbash::angry: , my son went to the child development center first of all where he saw a pediatrition who imediatly said he had autism he didnt put that in writing though :shame: so we were refered by a clinical psychologist at the special needs nursery my son was attending to the hospital for a D,I,S,C,O assessment it takes four hours of non stop questions they allso had reports from the psychologist who had been coming to the house for over twelve months observing his behaviours and a video of him from nursery e.t.c we had to go to the maternity block for this and then four weeks later :wacko: we went back to the maternity hospital for the results , they were the longest four weeks of my life i can tell you, i think i probebly looked like id been on the bottle for years then again i think i did hit it a few times during them four weeks :whistle: , keep your chin up it will come and us mothers always know deep down what its going to say it just becomes real when you get it in writing, sorry to here your moving out of the area cant say i blame you though :thumbs: its ok where we are its really quite, the sen provision is a load of tripe though , keep us posted on that letter arriving though ,take care >:D<<'>

The letter has arrived!! It says they used Autism Diagnostic Interview- Revised or ADI-R for short. The scores from the interview along with other information from assessments from other professionals would be consistent with a diagnosis of Asperger syndrome in J. So we have the dx at last, I thought I would feel relieved or something but I just don't feel any different really.I'm happy to know at last. :dance:

Hi fagsanbooze. Glad to hear you got your dx. I can relate to your feelings, I felt like that, neither one thing or another, just glad to know. Other people expected me to fall to pieces but the thing is, I realised immediately it was just a label for something I'd been coping with since he was born.

Lauren (ps I lived in Newcastle when my son was diagnosed, wonder if we had same psychiatrist!).

fagsandbooze,

glad the letter arrived at least you now know for sure , dont worry about not feeling anything different the next few months become a roller coaster as the news sinks in. take care, :thumbs:

and hi lauren thats three of us stoke lasses on here then, youve moved on though but the area does seem to be doing well with the diagnostic prossess though shame about the lea :angry: