Sign in to follow this  
annie

Concept of time

Sorry, Just wondering again.

As Alex (15) is getting older, some AS traits seem to be standing out more. As well as personal space, concept of time seems to be another one.

If we have to be somewhere at a certain time and you have to allow 20 minutes to get there plus time to get ready and stuff like that. Alex doesn't think about those kinds of things, he always gets ready at the last minute and we're always late. Even if I tell him the appointment is 30 minutes before it really is, we are still late.

He just can't grasp it.

It's like he thinks, well the doctor or whoever are there all day, what does it matter.

Does anybody else's teenager do that?

Hi Annie,

Nat is 13years old and we have the same difficulties, Time is a real headache for us as both DH and myself do not like being late. Nat seems to take pleasure in our futile attempts to get him to places on time.

I have found that his AS traits are increasing as he is getting older.

We don't like being late either.

A few weeks ago Alex was going to a party with friends. They were meeting round our house at 8pm.

The friends all turned up at 5 to 8. Alex then decided to go and have a shower and get ready.

He'd spent the previous 2 hours on the computer even though I'd kept reminding him of the time. :wallbash:

Annie

TTyler has no concept of time at all. I will tell him we are going to be late but he doesn't seem to grasp the concept of what 'late' means. I'll ask him to hurry up, be fast etc etc but still he moves like a snail. Other times without warning, he'll dart like lightening and be ready with his shoes and coat on in 4-5mins flat! :blink: Now if only I knew what it was that made him do that!! LOL

hi all ditto to all the above postings my 2 are never on time we are always late for appts etc but we had a record this year we were only late for school twice hooray my old boss used to say i would be late for my own funeral how he never knew it was the twins who always made me late (he passed away 4 years ago he was a great boss dont meet many like that in this lifetime) well enough waffle i do go on a bit sorry if anyone out there can tell us how our lot can grasp the concept of time let me know as well keep smilin luv karin xx :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: