Sign in to follow this  
Viper

life begins at forty

Hi everyone.

My Baby starts school tomorrow, he goes for the mornings only, then on the 12th, my 40th birthday he starts full time. I am sooo worried, I am on the verge of tears the whole time but have to hold it together for Bens sake. :tearful:

Ben says he is not going and has been hell the past few days, more melt downs than ever, he is so on the edge it's unreal. He keeps saying he will miss me, it's heart breaking. :wub:

I am close to breakdown, but I have such mixed feelings. I really need a rest from him but I know he is going to hate it. Hubby keeps saying, "give him time, he might like it" but I have such a bond with him I know he wont.

It's tearing me up inside, I feel like I have been bereaved. :crying:

Please forgive an old womans ramlings, this is the only place I can come and put down my feelings without being told to pull myself together, and stop being silly.

Only you lot can understand. :notworthy:

Viper. :crying:

Guest flutter

huge huge

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

you are not an old woman!!!!!!

cos if you are then so am i !

i wil be thinking of you tomorrow

and it may be ok, sometimes the stress afore is worse than the real thing

C xx

>:D<<'> Yes we do understand, I think every parent goes through these same mixed emotions, in one breath I am saying thank god the holidays are over, the other side of me is dreading it and wants to keep them at home.

You've got to still give it a go of course, you never know like many other children on this site so far, he may shock you as he enjoys it.

Its hard letting go of the youngest even without special needs, I know as my youngest starts school tomorrow and it took me over 3 weeks just to fill his application in, admitting he wasn't my little baby any more was very hard. I also know for a fact I'll cry my eyes out tomorrow.

My son doesn't want to go back, he's petrified, and for many reasons I can understand why but I'm going to be going in on Monday all guns blazing to make sure he gets the education he deserves.

Viper

You are NOT old and im sure everything will turn out just fine tomorrow, just put your feet up and try not to worry.

Like I say im a year younger now not older..... :lol:

Take care

Amanda >:D<<'>

Viper if you are old then I am ancient :lol: But most things improve with age and so do women B)

Think about all of the things that you know now that you did not when you were 18 :whistle: Bet you could fill a book with them?

As for school please try and be as positive about this as you can - not for you but for your son. I knew that David would hate school and he did, but I know that my feelings of impending doom did not help. It's not easy but if you do give it your best shot and it goes pear shaped you will know that you did your best.

>:D<<'> Carole

Edited by carole

Hi Viper,

What Carole says is so true. I used to get so worked up when a new term started it did rub off on Alex.

From another 40 something that has matured nicely with age...... :lol:

Annie

>:D<<'>

We are trying to be positive. Ben has done some paintings this morning and we have got him to agree to take one for his teacher tommorow. At first he said no because he's not going but we talked positively to him and he is now agreeing to take one. B)

He got in bed with me this morning and just lay there holding my hand looking at me, then he said he loves me more than anything in the whole world. I know that he is thinking about not being with me tommorow, we just had a big cuddle and said nothing. It was very touching.

I have to stop now as the tears are starting.

Viper. :tearful:

Viper you are not old.....

We all worry about the children at school

Every time I mention school to T he says NO THANK YOU!

Good luck

Viper,

Compared to me, you're a spring chicken!!! 40 is luxury!

Good luck for tomorrow. I hope you manage to stay happy and positive for Ben, then you can do what all mums do, have a good cry later.

Keep us posted.

Nellie >:D<<'>

Viper,

>:D<<'> >:D<<'>

It's a tough time and the anticipation is always the worst- you aren't being silly.

After you've dropped your son off, do something nice just for you (my choice would be a huge cappucino and a cake at Costa's :rolleyes: .)

Hope all goes smoothly

K

don't say older say wiser :dance:

My eldest starts seniors on Tuesday and I am working very hard to keep my anxiety from showing.

Good Luck and let us know how it went I know I will be sharing.

I do understand believe me. this time last year i was in yr position. cept my son was starting secondary school and i was 49 lol.

i hope all goes well, and its no good me telling u not to worry cos i know u will. :wub: