Sign in to follow this  
Guest Lya of the Nox

i feel as tho i am crumbling

Guest flutter

well i have had the weekend form hell

it was all homework, and with it aggression, and all the rest

the kids in the street dont like her(?!?!)

i dont know how long she will cope, and i suppose i have to let it run, so that they can all get a full picture, but i am weary, so weary and it only Monday!

We have the feedback tomorrow, form the phychiatrist.

i have gone from being positive, to being a woos! ecery bone in my body aches from tension!!!

i feell as if i have hit a huge great brick wall,

i am keeping a homework diary, so i can show school when it comes up what is going on, but waht is the point?? they never see the mess

HUGS flutter. How about keeping a video diary, trecord her doing her homework and the meltdown's she has. Maybe then, the teachers will be a bit more leniant about requesting homework from your daughter! If you feel it is too much for both you and your daughter to manage, then put your foot down and say 'she an't doing it' and why. Hopefully once you get your dx, they will be more understanding anyway!

Good luck with the feedback from the Psych today, let us know how it goes ok. :) Thinking of you and try to hang in there ok. :)

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Flutter >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

I had many a conversation with our old paediatrician about homework. He was totally against it. He took the view that our kids have enough to contend with going to school all day without having to take it home with them.

I may be wrong by doing it, but I told his old school, when he was at primary, not to give him anymore homework if they insisted he did it, they could come around our house at night and try themselves. I was not prepared to go through a nightly argument followed by total meltdown. It was destroying our home life and I was not going to let it happen anymore..........he didn't get any from that point on.

I know how you feel.

Annie

>:D<<'>

Hi Flutter -

>:D<<'> >:D<<'>

All you can do is tell it like it is, and hope they listen. I think you (we) always feel down before meetings like this. Not surprising, given the negativites they force us to look at, when what we really train ourselves to do is work to the positives. it's crappy, and to my mind unnecessary - They should know enough to be able to read between the lines.

You'll do your best. You always do. >:D<<'>

Very best

BD

Flutter >:D<<'> Homework is a big issue and it's one that needs addressing. I am not sure but I think I have seen this talked about in an ASD report somewhere? I will have a look at my stuff and see if I can find anything which may help? I know that many professionals are now realising that our kids do not do homework - easily.

Would it help if I did a letter for you from AIM - if you would like this then just pm me with a brief background and I will do what I can for you.

Carole