Sign in to follow this  
oracle

Something nice to say

Hi Carole,

Whilst on the subject of positives ;) I thought I would post about a speech & language therapist who assesed my son for his statement.

I told her that we were going to continue home ed, my son was not getting any therapy, but she asked if I would like to see her to see if there was any info and strategies she could give me.

Well I went to see her last week, we spent two hours going through all sorts of stuff, my son has quite significant receptive language comprehension and word finding, he is very verbal and quite often his difficulties appear hidden initially.

She lent me some excellent books that have masses of ideas in them, she also had a look through the strategies and plans that I am using and gave me her opinions.

She also has asked other proffesionals about any help with resources etc.. still awaiting the reply :rolleyes: she was very positive about home ed, also asked if I would like to meet up again to see how we are doing. :thumbs: .

It really is nice when you come across someone that is so helpful, so just wanted to join in with the positives today. :dance:

Brook

Thanks for sharing that Carole.

We are lucky enough to have the support of some wonderful professionals without whom we would not have coped. It makes up for those who are not so wonderful!

Simon.

Guest flutter

the health care assistant who has dealt with "m" for the past 18 months has been soo supportive, to all of us,

there are some good 'uns around

C x

Yup...just off to leave a bottle of something for Auriel's Consultant who has just written an excellent letter in support of funding for a special college place. He's one of the 'good guys'!!

I always try and send cards, flowers, etc, to professionals who have helped, because I'm sure they all hear more moans than anything else! :lol:

Let's hear it for all those professionals who are on our side and really fight for our children!! :thumbs:

Bid :)

Our current psychiatrist is very supportive, (and we have had some real bad apples in the last year. :wacko:)

She tends to turn up an hour and a half late for every visit, but I grin and bear it as she gives L her full, unhurried attention when she gets here.