Sign in to follow this  
helenl53

Autism Counts

I have just heard an advertisement on local radio.

Ben Sheppard (GMTV - I think!) urging people to complete the survey and then just heard Jane Asher as a news item asking people to complete the survey.

I don't think that it is a comprehensive survey, but keeping Autism as high profile as possible is good.

Best wishes

HelenL

Have just looked at the survey again and realise that it is aimed at the public in general. It is being run as a Text campaign as well.

Having looked at it again, I am not sure what it will achieve and whether the uptake in people who are not affected by an issue connected with autism, will be bothered to respond.

Best wishes

HelenL

They have been talking about Autism on Capital Radio this morning as well. They were urging people to take part in the survey.

Helen - even the media are starting to chip away B)

Annie

XX

Hi I tried to do it, but all I get is an almost blank page. It has the heading but no survey. I tried using Internet Explorer and Icab with no luck.

pim

If you take an old mobile phone to a vodaphone shop the money generated goes to raising awareness of autism.

Lauren

There was an ad in the Times last week as part of the vodaphone campaign to raise autism awareness. It featured a boy in a school playground pushing against an imaginary glass wall. It was highlighting difficulties in communication. I liked the fact they used an ordinary looking child in an ordinary school setting - might help to crack some of the popular myths about autism.

I heard an ad on Talksport radio this morning.

Not too sure what the idea behind it is. I hope it isnt a marketing ploy to fill the NAS coffers. Im a little wary about the �1000 prize for completing the survey. I hope they arnt using it as a means to create a data base of people who they can approach for donations,sell raffle tickets etc etc. Why do they need an address if youve provided an email address. If you win a prize surely you can be advised via email?

Sorry to sound so cynical, I find the NAS all fluff and no real substance or help to those who need it.

Loraine

I didn't think much of the survey itself, someone suggested to me 'is it just a fundraising survey ? ' with the 'would you like to support the NAS' questions etc and the needing for addresses for prize draw etc then after it is completed they ask you to donte �15 or another donation. I am all for them fundraising but believe the publicity they have managed to get and how many have completed it maybe they could have done it a bit better.