Sign in to follow this  
hev

ive been drinking too much

i never touched alcohol till i was about 25 and then it was in moderation,just lately ive liked drinking vodka,its about once a week but if im aware of it,i think it means theres a problem i think,yesterday i went out and i got so drunk i feel humiliated today,i dont think im stable enough to dring so i am not going to touch it any more,its just when i have a drink i feel more like myself with no worries if that makes sense,any advice please as its something which is worrying me

Hev,

Don't feel bad. I too was not a drinker, but sometimes it just helps to numb things a bit and I think that there are probably many of us on here who don't have a drink for the social pleasure but to dull the edges a bit.

Keep talking on the forum - it helps.

Love

HelenL

I don't really drink at all, but i have used drink to help me sleep in the past. I think it woudl be very easy to get to the stage where I needed it. I don't generally drink when I have the kids here anyway, cos I need to be thinking clearly and may need to drive if there was an emergency.

I am taking anti-depressants at the moment, cos they take the edge off the stress and help me sleep. When I was on a higher dose, it felt like being drunk - I woudl have agreed to anything! but I could not continue like that, as I was not in a fit state to be in charge of the children.

Karen

I think the main problem with drink is if you deny you have a problem, if you think you have a problem and post it on a forum you probably don't have anything to worry about. That said Binge drinking is not good for anyone but we all do it now and then and live to feel ashamed the next day :shame:

I wouldn't worry too much, just put it down to a learning experience and move on. If however you feel you can't cope I would see your GP and explain things.

Best wishes.

Viper.

Hev,

Don't be too hard on yourself. >:D<<'> Everyone needs some form of escape sometimes, whether that's chocolate, cigs, coffee, tea or alcohol. Only when it becomes the only way of dealing with (and a habitual means of avoiding) the stress in one's life is it a big problem, that's just my opinion, of course!

I sometimes look forward to a glass of wine at the end of a tough day, it helps me to relax, and sail through those toxic hours between 5 and 7 pm when children are especially demanding. Often on a Saturday we will have a bottle of wine, along with a takeaway and video - we don't go out much so we need these kind of treats. Sometimes I do go over the top, but I havent got the money to drink heavily and I learned early on that hangovers and children do not mix :wacko: (I used to drink far more as a student when I had no responsibilities I think).

K

HEV are you AS you self?

Are you in medication ?

When you dirnk , how much do you drink?

For my $0.02 leave out the sprits, stic to a glass or two of wine before / with a meal.

J

Edited by streamdreams

Hi Hev, try and not be to hard on yourself, admitting that your worried about it and talking about it is great ... I have been there and got the t-shirt myself, we all need a crutch from time to time, but the difficulty comes in not acknowledging that that is what it is.

I have learnt not to set myself such high standards, I'm actively trying to reduce my stress without the use of meds (yoga has been great & I'm now better defined physically because of it) pot or booze, but at the end of the day none of us are perfect.

Thinking of you >:D<<'> HHxx

Hev, please don,t take this the wrong way, 6mnths ago I was the same, a few glasses of wine to relax and help me sleep.It became so I needed it. Things happened and I saw my GP, he realised quite quickly I was depressed.I have since been taking medication and am sleeping better and only having a couple of glasses on a saturday night, do you think you might be suffering the same?I hope you don,t mind me saying this >:D<<'> , I feel more like my old self now. Hope you sort this take care Suzex.

hello suze,no i dont mind you saying it,i was thinking it myself,i have been feeling like i needed it also,that was a wake up call for me the other day,i was out of control,feel a lot better now.

it was very hard for me to post that on here about my drinking but once i done it i felt so much better like i had admitted it out loud if that makes sense,thankyou for your replies,it sounds corny but this forum really helps me