Sign in to follow this  
mel_jayne

Day from hell

hi,HELP i've had the day from hell.kyle 9 year old(waiting for dx)had a water fight with 5 year old brother,after been told to stop several time's ended up grounding the two of them :angry: .Walking to school all kyle did was hush and pull L(5 year old)about,then started on me.After a while kyle started on me,grabing my throat :crying: .

Didn't want to go to school, so teacher held him back so i could leave him :crying: .Then at hometime kyle came over to me with a face on him,asked him if he was ok and were off again,but this time he wouldn't come out :wallbash::wallbash: i walked on hoping he'd follow No friend took little ones home while i got kyle.He told the teacher and head that i alway hit him with my hand :crying: and he does nothing wrong :wallbash: .after 3 hours of him booting off i have calm :thumbs: .

There's one good thing come out of it, i had to phone the CAMHS to ask for help(been waiting forever to be referd)there going to look at his file and see about coming out soon for assesment :pray::thumbs: .Sorry it's so long i'm feeling very low and tearful.How much more do i have to take ?

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Mel well done for calling CAMHS, keep pestering them though, I've had many many days like that and you just think its not meant to be like this when you have children .. why me! I really hope that CAMHS come through with your assessment, keep a diary if you can between now and then of the problems your having and don't dumb it down.

Good luck, (hug) HHxx

Mel

What a terrible day - I've been there too (and still am from time to time - but it has got better). It's so unfair - having kids shouldn't have to be like this - but you're not alone at all. I know that most people can't begin to understand what you're going through, but you're with friends here.

I know it is hard to do, but remember that however bad you feel, he'll feel worse -he might not show it, and you won't get remorse, but he behaves like this because he's having a really hard time, and he needs help.

Keep on pestering CAMHS, and record everything - start a notebook, and put in it every odd or difficult thing that he does, and every restriction imposed on your life - you'll probably fill it up by this evening. You will need evidence, and sometimes you'll need to convince yourself that you are right to have concerns.

Take care

Elanor

hello mel,i often have days like that,you are def not alone!!

we all understand on here,its so hard i think,sometimes i feel like im not coping at all, other days im supermum,hopefully tomorrow will be better for you,i say that to myself every night,keep posting love hev

Mel,

We are in a simular situaltion. We are waiting now for our referral from CAMHS to a diagnostic centre. You must keep pestering CAMHS. They don't seem to do anything unless you are constantly on their case. I phoned and phoned and when i eventually got through to my sons pyschologist I went on and on about him and what it is like dealing with it all. She eventually agreed I was desperate. We have now been referred. A word of advice write to CAMHS as well. I got a much better response when I wrote. I had a reply within 4 days rather than her avoid the phone calls for a week. I also agree you should keep a diary. I have been doing this since July and it is well worth it. I have also started videoing him when he has a tantrum (if i can, I know it can be hard) and also taking photos of his lining up cars and objects as well as his obsession 'wiring'.

Sorry you had such a bad day but when you do it is good to ring CAMHS as you need help. Take Care. I am thinking of you. >:D<<'>

Lisa

I think the one good thing about these days from hell (have had a few myself this week) is that it makes us SCREAM that much harder for help, and as people (professionals etc) can at least understand that these days from hell are exactly that, they finally react, much more so than our 'normal' day-to-day struggles.

Thank you all for the kind words,it sometimes help knowing your not alone >:D<<'> I'm going to start to keep a diary hopefully it will come in.