Sign in to follow this  
dorsetmummy

daytime

Does anyone else have a child that has wetting problems, sophie is almost 8 and wets 2/3 times a day, we have seen the pedetrician and he just says as she goes sometimes, there is not a medical problem, and that she will grow out of it.

Does anyone else have a child with this problem too?

Julie

Yes, J is nearly 7 and frequently wets (and soils) himself, though he's (supposedly) properly toilet trained. His problem is that he holds on and on until he can wait no more then can't get to the toilet in time, with inevitable consequences. It's not as often as Sophie - only about once a week - but enough to be concerned about. It's hard to deal with because he obviously needs reminding but gets angry with me when I do. I think he realises that he shouldn't be doing it and is embarrassed about it.

I think this is one of his school stresses too, as he never has accidents in school. When we've talked about he's said that he thinks about it a lot at school so that it doesn't happen. It must be so hard for him, keepign that in his head all day 'just in case'.

Karen

x

My son does this too. fortunately its only when he gets giddy or excited when not at school. Problem we have is with school. he was dry but the 4th day of term he asked the teacher if he could go to the toilet and she told him no, so now he doesnt ask, he just holds it until he cant hold it any longer... ho hum wet pants every night after school!

It happens to J(7) occasionally.

I think it is a sensory issue in the sense that he genuinely doesn't realise he needs to go until it too late, especially if he is distracted by something.

One thing that can help is to build trips to the loo into the rountine, but we do need to remind him as well.

Simon

My son is 27 and he still has this problem. I think it's sensory, he can manage to stay dry in certain situations but I think it takes a lot of effort.

Nellie xx