Sign in to follow this  
Clarkie

stat

Hi folks - haven't logged on for a while but thought I would let you know that we have been successful in getting a statement I joined here last June. I pushed and shoved the LEA on a weekly basis throughout the summer holidays and have been fighting for him everyday since then. I got the LEA to put emergency funding in place (only 0.4 but it was something) to go back into mainstream schooling in September and having bored the pants off the LEA have got a 0.6 (60%) statement agreed by panel on Tuesday - this is 16.5hrs/wk and the school SHOULD make up any difference if we request. I don't physically have the statement in my hands and I'm sure that I will be changing it once it arrives in the post in the next few days - but in theory - we have got a success. Having said all that, I won't go into any details at this time, but we are considering a move to a special school. BUT - for the moment I just wanted y'all to know that there is some hope out there. Don't anyone give up.

Edited by Clarkie

Welcome back Clarkie,

I hope you don't mind me asking, did your son make progress when he was in the psychiatric unit?

Great to hear you have a statement at last. Well done. I'm not clear about the hours on the statement. Why should the school have to make up hours? If your child needs the hours they should be on his statement and the responsibility of the LEA. Have I misunderstood?

Nellie xx

Hi Clarkie,

It's good to see you back and that's great news. :thumbs: I'm sure there are still many things to be sorted out but it looks like you're moving in the right direction. Well done for what you've achieved so far. :)

K

Thanks Kathryn,

The support and information I got from you guys last June was the kick in the right direction and what I needed - I put forward 14 A4 pages of typed "Parental Representations" to the LEA (told you I bored the pants off them) and got a huge amount of information off this forum. So it's a well done to all of you who have posted in the past.

By the way - it's 20 to 1 - what are we doing up at this time of the night...morning? I suppose it's the most peaceful time of the day in our house.

Cheers

Clarkie

This forum is just amazing, isn't it.

I'm supposed to be doing some work, stuff that should have been done earlier (lastminute.com is my middle name :rolleyes: ) - but somehow keep ending up here. I'm also ON MY OWN for the first time in about two years: there is NOBODY else in the house except the cat. The rest of them have all gone off to the grandparents and I'm LOVING it. AAhh the blissful silence :)

Anyway, those are the reasons why I'm still here. I'll regret it tomorrow.

when you get the proposed statement get back to us if you have any concerns and ring ipsea and go through it with them even if you don't - they will pick up any vaguenesses that might cause problems so you can ask the LEA to amend the statement now rather than later which is more difficult.

hope it all goes well

Zemanski

Thanks for that.

Will definitely get back to you guys and let you know what it says...and will take it further if there's lots of "wooly words".

Thanks for the advice.

Cheers

Clarkie

Well Done, I wish our LEA would see fit to give my son a statement.