Sign in to follow this  
Guest Frangipani

Measles Mumps Rubella Booster for Teenagers

I don't deal with opinions, opinions ruin lives. If Gt Ormand Street hand out a diagnosis like Autistic Encephalitus, they'd best be ready to prove with evidence that it exists.

Your words show utter contempt and disrespect, you've gone for the man but not the ball. This shows that you do not know as much as you like to think.

Blindess produces Autistic symptoms, lets say blindness causes Autism. Torture produces Autistic symptoms, lets say torture causes Autism. Rett's Syndrome produces Autistic symptoms, lets say Retts causes Autism.

Ignorant as I am, surely the Symptoms define the disease?

And might i say you are all making such fools out of yourself, i haven't read through this, but arguing on the internet is fruitless, as i have witnessed many a times. An argument is simply a discussion that no one can win, and with raised voices.

ooo, and also

One of the mods appears to have edited my last post without permission. Thanks.

i have yet to find a rule in any forum which says mods have to ask permission before they edit? for example someone my say that all [racialslur]s are [generalslur], and not give permission for the post to be edited?

Edited by Auriel

Are you saying Aurial that blindness causes Autism, as does torture and Rett's? They cause what has been come to be described as 'Autistic Behaviour' but Autism is patently not defined by behaviour; if you attempt to do that you can't possibly ever find a model that fits. That is why behavioural psychologists do not study Autism, they study behaviour.

Make snide comments all you want, on every forum I have posted on I have always been at least notfied when my posts have been edited. I'm not complaining about a rule or lack of, but the absense of courtesy from one anonymous person.

Are you saying Aurial that blindness causes Autism, as does torture and Rett's? They cause what has been come to be described as 'Autistic Behaviour' but Autism is patently not defined by behaviour; if you attempt to do that you can't possibly ever find a model that fits. That is why behavioural psychologists do not study Autism, they study behaviour.

Make snide comments all you want, on every forum I have posted on I have always been at least notfied when my posts have been edited. I'm not complaining about a rule or lack of, but the absense of courtesy from one anonymous person.

I did in no way say that blindness causes autism, but you were saying that certain things caused autistic symptoms... perhaps a better wording would have been more advisable. And i will be as snide as i like, thank you very much, but you should be more tollerant of people. It is a useful social skill, even if your in the wrong sometimes its best just to nod your head, say ok your call, rather than cause a general nusience. Also you weren't complainging about them not notifying, it was about them not asking permission, so please, again, word your posts better.

Ta,

Auriel

Guest hallyscomet

Hi Lucas

I read offensive things about me everywhere I go, including here, I bite my tongue. If your daughter did not have Autistic Encephalitus because it doesn't exist, then she was never Autistic. You say there is nothing wrong with her, I say that after meeting possibly hundreds of Autistics of greatly varying degrees of ability, I have never found anything to be wrong with them because of Autism yet it's not hard to see they are Autistic. I have never met a 'normal' child, I've met Autistics, NTs and others, but never a 'normal' child conforming to some Aryan ideal of what a child should be.

You don't appear to be listening, that isn't a suprise, I already said that I myself 'regressed' after a recent MMR booster. But I know enough to interprete this in context. I've seen many regressions in others for many reasons, all preventable yet the common factor in each of them is that people go out of their way to not criticise the parent, regardless of the evidence saying it's just.

==========================================

Lucas, you said you noticed that you regressed after an MMR, this happened as I mentioned earlier with my son, would you like to talk about it perhaps in a PM, perhaps some of the help my son received I can advise you on, and may help you if you still have some symptoms that are stressing you out. My son felt like he could have crawled out of his skin, I was told it was as though the measles virus had spread through his colon causing irritable bowel and bladder and anxiety.

Let me know I have a lot of information that I could share with you if you want that is. >:D<<'> The course of treatment I am talking about has helped my son immensely, you sound about his age, perhaps you would like to exchange MSN by PM with my son he is now 18. I know a few other kids that have been late diagnoses and needed to talk to someone, and my son read the post, and he decided to reply to him and give him his MSN and the other boy chat all the time now and have become great mates. I knew my son would be interested because he said to me once, I wish I knew a few friends who know what my life is like who I can relate to, he has some lovely friends but really is interested in connecting with people like yourself Lucas.

Let me know, and you put a smile on that dial, and have a great day.

Love

Hailey >:D<<'>

Regards

Edited by hallyscomet

I thought this forum was for help and advice, what i have read in some of the post is not the case and is quite hurtful. We should all realise that this is a hard suject to tackle and be a bit more tackful in our approach.

nikrix :(

Nik, it is very hard to be tactful or 'agree to disagree' with people propagating an idea which contributes to your own denigration and harm.

Hailey, as I said, I know enough about Autism to put my experience in the last year in context. Regression is a complex subject, unfortunately it is mostly talked about in the third-person; ideas about it are formed and promoted by people who have the worst understanding of it and will never experience it in the same way an Autistic can. Most Autistics don't even notice a regression when it happens. Aspies can show 100% interest in a topic for years on end, then wake up one morning not rightly bothered, it's hard for them to believe when told that it is a regression. They often then wake up a few years later and have recalled every single fact about that subject and are once again 100% interested in it again, that is also a regression.

Everything from vaccines to the cycles of the moon affects this, but it does so in a way that has no measure.

Hi lucas -

I didn't see your post 'pre-edit' and whoever did edit hasn't advised me yet, if in fact an edit was made (is there any possibility that something you thought you'd put in didn't actually go in?). That said, from some of your postings that did get through I can see that the potential to offend exists...

Tell you what, it's far too late tonight, but PM me with a copy of your original message, tomorrow and i'll PM you back with any reasons why I might have been tempted to go for the edit button, fair enough?

I had noticed you hadn't posted for a while, and it's good to see you back, but i would say that sometimes your posts are quite challenging because you seem to see things very much as black and white. There's nothing wrong with that, but please try to do others the courtesy of allowing them their greys... Depending on your POV, you can find the devil or God in the details, which just goes to show how diverse perspectives can be.

Now, having said all that, I've just realised that tomorrow night is Friday night, which is a religious festival for me when i worship the great Dhansak! if i don't get back to you by then, i will do so ASAP.

In the meantime, let's keep it friendly, eh?

NB: I just realised that with the opening line of 'Hi Lucas' that final 'keep it friendly' might have been interpreted wrongly. It is a GENERAL request, not a specific one...

Personally, the thing i like most about this forum is that it hasn't got a particular 'angle'... There are, for instance, many who would disagree with MY opinions! While they are, by definition, totally WRONG, I would 'defend to the death' (not literally, obviously -I am a coward after all. That's why the quote marks are there!) their right to hold those WRONG opinions for so long as it takes me to convince them otherwise ;):lol:

L&P

BD :D

All,

This thread appears to have run its course and is now over running into an online argument. The 'reasoned discussion' element seems to have gone and I have been asked by a moderator to intervene.

For the record, I have examined the moderator logs (it's a big brother thing) and Elefan removed one line which did not add any value to the point being made and had received complaints.

I would normally post a gentle warning in order to get everyone back on topic but I'm having a bad day, compounded by the fact that my coffee machine has broken down.

So I am closing this thread for the following reasons:-

1. It has run it's course.

2. The thread will lose any historical value if allowed to dengenerate any further.

3. Lack of coffee causing a general grumpiness

If anybody feels I have been unfair in this action then please PM me. I may have had my coffee by then, if not then I'll set the rabbit on you. :robbie:

Kris