Sign in to follow this  
Minxygal

Can you help?

With a group of other parents I'm delivering a talk in January about communication and parents empowering parents. We're really interested in finding out not only the problems parents have when talking to schools but also the problems schools feel thay have when talking to us. It will be really interesting to evaluate the replies of both parents and teachers to see if there are ways of making communication more effective.

I would be really grateful if some of you would concider answering a few questions concerning communication with school. We've also sent similar questionaires to schools asking them for their views so the results should be interesting reading.

The questions are....

1)Do you feel that School contacts you early enough when there is a problem developing with your child?

2)Do you find school easy to talk to?

3)Do you feel that school has time to listen to your concerns?

4)When there is a problem with your child in school do you feel that you are blamed for their behaviours?

5)Do you feel that the school takes any concerns you have about the education of your child seriously?

6)Do you feel your child has to fail before their needs are taken seriously?

7)Are you happy with the way school disciplines your child if the need arises? Do you find the discipline appropriate?

8) Are you happy with the progress your child is making school?

9) Does your child have a statement?

10) Are they in mainstream or special school?

Thank you for your time and help!

Could you E mail your answers to amanda.haxby@btinternet.com

Edited by Minxygal

You could ask what kind of provision their child is receiving. My son's school phone me two or three times a week, so I can only record a positive experience. It is a special school.

kyle is in mainstrem,we are still waiting for dx.I can have worked with the school all the way,but they don't always tell me when there is a problem,it can sometimes take me phoning the school with a problem or me going into the school and asking what's been happening this week etc.

Are we informed straight away to any problems.Would be a good question