Sign in to follow this  
puffin

bl**dy needlework bag

Yesterday I lost several hours of time at work because M disappeared from school over a needlework bag.

She finds arty type projects very difficult and had been very proud of making a drawstring bag with the sewing machine at school. She had chosen the material specially - cats - one of her main obsessions and was very proud of her bag. She often needs to bring her stuff home as soon as she's completed a project.

Then the needlework teacher decreed that these bags were not to come home - not even at the end of term - but were to be used to keep needlework projects in until M leaves the school - In 4 YEARS time. M got very upset as she couldn't cope with the concept of waiting 4 years for 'her' bag and vannished from school - was missing for almost an hour until she was found up a tree where she had gone to 'have a think'.

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Mumm doesn't sound like the school have the concept that AS ASD children often can't and won't wait a few mins let alone four years.The disaperaing thing is quite serious maybe the school should have a risk ass' done surely someone should be watching your little girl?

Souldn't the school have the locks on the main doors to prevent such things happening lord know what could have happened!

Luckly nothing did so that's a relief but I do think you need a word with this needlework teacher to explain waiting for that long is not an option!Maybe the head teacher should also be informed that you aren't pleased that she was alowed to run away and that you don't want it to happen again!!

Lisa x

I'm glad she was found safe and well puffin. I hope a solution can be found to this problem - one which keeps your daughter happy. Seems to me she should be allowed to keep the bag she has worked so hard on, and another one is provided for use in school. Seems hardly worth laying down the law for.