Sign in to follow this  
phasmid

Oh bugger!

Hi Phas, I hope things get put right. No one should have to go through the suffering your mum went through, she must have been so frightened.

Viper.

Hi Phasmid,

Late to this thread but I'm glad your mum came through the op OK and that you managed to speak to someone about the alarm system - it's appalling what happened. :(

K

Phasmid so glad you got somebody to listen :thumbs: The fact that you took the time to make the original call when obviously really concerned about your mum should have been praised. I hope your mum continues to make a good recovery.

Guest hallyscomet

Hi Phasmid

You said to the guy

Go boil your head and p*ss off!"

:lol::lol: thats a new one, sorry about your mum but I had to crack up laughing at that comment, well deserved, :lol::lol:

Take a deep breath now, one day at a time, write down how you want this to work out, it helps to have a plan, it helps you destress. You adrenaline is probably racing at the moment, and it is amazing what you can achieve, but be gentle with yourself. Slooowww down, everything will work out fine. >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> this is one of lifes ups and downs :o the shock of it sends your mind pacing but go for a walk if you have to look after your health and sleeping so you can then help your mum.

Our prayers are with you and your Mum

Regards

Hailey :pray:

Have just spoken to man from the council. I know that he DID check on mum's neighbours that day, neighbours confirmed it. :D Thankfully they were all OK!

I honed him to find out what was going on re: checking mum's call system as she may be coming home at the end of next week (birthday prezzie for me!) B) . I've told the hospital "Er, no! Not until her alarm has been checked/repaired she isn't." :shame: Man from the council very annoyed nobody has been in touch about that! :oops: They are coming out early next week, probably Tuesday now.

Now the bestest bit! :pray:

He confirmed that the call centre DID record the call they made to mums phone when the call button thingy didn't work (they couldn't hear me). So he is awaiting the arrival of a transcript of the call. My response? "Oh good! I'd hoped they had." His? "Hmm, yes, you said that to me last week."

Yup, I did! Because I know it will back up what I had said to him about the conversation. Whats more they cannot destroy the tape as it may be needed as evidence. So if the transcript does not tie in with what happened (and I have a paramedic as an independent witness) then I shall dispute it - BIG TIME. He did not sound happy though as he requested this transcript days ago and hadn't got it when we spoke. :dance:

I haven't finished with this yet! :ninja:

Edited by phasmid

Well, well, well!!!

I have been waiting for a response about the complaints I raised following the failure of mum's call system. I e-mailed the man from the council Tuesday night asking what was going on. He replied yesterday and asked me to call him yesterday afternoon.

Had a very interesting half hour converstaion with him yesterday. I picked him up on a few points and he was grateful I did. One thing that came out was that although he (and his bosses) are of the firm believe that the alarm system has been inspected annualy my mum has no knowledge of this happening, nor do I as the only other person with a key to let anyone in. That raised the prospect of a contract not being fulfilled and he was not a happy bunny!!!

I then picked him up on the discrepencies in the report he had been given regarding the faults and what the engineer told Mrs P at the time. He wasn't happy about that either. He intends to get back to their technical dept and pass on my comments for them to look into things.

Then we got down to the nitty gritty of my original complaint to him. They obtained the tape recording of the call from the call centre and they transcribed it. There are one or two occasions when it says 'conversation inaduiable'. However when pointedly asked if the tape bore out what I had said in the first phone call (that I had not been rude/sworn until seconds before I put down the phone) he replied that "There was more than enough details on the tape to warrant passing it onto the Call Centre control for further action. As far as the council are concerned it is a matter of customer service and satisfaction. In this case they are not happy with the service that was provided nor with the dissatisfaction I felt. I got the impression he had also obtained a tape of an earlier incident with these jokers I had spoken to him about.

So what was going to happen? I asked...Well, he was limited in what he could tell me due to constarints of council policy and so on but, could I read between the lines? It was probably a first for obtaining the tape and transcribing it. Having done that it was a further first that it had been brought to the attention of the council itself. Could I also judge the importance the council were dealing with this by due to the fact that they have asked for the Call Centre people to 'take the matter up'.

I'd say thats a result! He will get back to me regarding what action is taken in as much detail as he is allowed to. Though he thinks that may take a little whiel to happen. A few procedures are being 'looked into' following this incident.

Phasmid 1

Call centre 0

Edited by phasmid

Phasmid :thumbs::thumbs: It looks as though your experiences with Local authorities is coming in very handy :devil: I really hope they get to the bottom of this as they are dealing with vulnerable (sp) people and maybe there have been more cases of this very sub standard service. How is your mum?

Phasmid have thought of reporting this to your local councillor as well? I know from the meetings I go to we are told things are running along swimmingl they get a shock when I tell them in m,y expereince this is happening....... You will be able to look at your council website as well and see which councillors are on the health and socail care committee. They are responsible for how council funds are spent and if the money is being spent on a poor service they can ask questions to the relevent council officials etc.

Just a thought!!!!!!

PP, haven't neede to - Mr Council took it to the top - and he's going back with my responses to things to date. He IS sorting it, and I will let him do so. However I will not let the matter rest until such time as I am happy that it has been well and truly sorted out.

sorry didn't read all- but by gum that person needs shooting (don't take me literally here)

I would get everyone in your mothers block to pull their cords and set of every alarm button they have at 3am and when and if anyone comes they could say we were just testing them as we don't want what happened to phasid's mum to happen to us !!!! that too would make the papers and there would be a major enquiry not just locally... just think if everyone who has a faulty gizmo sued them i reckon they would be quicker in their responses..

Flabbergasted, incensed, baffled by drongo's you are shouting at me attitude.... Def. claim some compensation for your mum and get them to give her a totally different tested panic alarm thingy...

I do hope that your Mum is on the mend and is feeling stronger...

Sorry if all this has already been covered... I am still in a state of shock...

She's well on the way to getting over this. In all honesty her powers of recuperation amaze me at times. In the last couple of years she has had two major emergency ops - niether of which the doctors thought her body would cope with. Both times she defied them.

As for the idiot on the phone - he has a shock comming!!