Sign in to follow this  
KarenM

School books advice please?

Hello, dd is off from school and will be for god knows how long while i wait for her to get statemented so she can go to a school with a attached asd unit. I am wondering if anyone could help with any good advice on what i could buy her to help her with the schooling she is missing . She has her own computer so cd roms would be good too. :) karen

Edited by KarenM

you could try education otherwise - sorry don't have the link but google should come up with it

to be honest they seem to repaet Y6 in maths for Y7 for the most part but the DFES site has links to the programmes of study from QCA etc. I'm not sure about KS3 but there are units for numeracy which cover the lessons day by day, they are used as lesson plans so have all the details you could need.

Zemanski

Try asking the school. A's school subscribe to various online resources such as SAM learning and they gave us the access codes so that he could use them.

The school also gave us work for him to do and marked it. They provided text books and other resources for him to learn from.

If your daughter is still registered with the school but is absent due to illness or exclusion the school has a legal duty to provide work for her to do and the LEA also have to provide her with education otherwise than at school. I'll look the links out for you later.

The link for sick children is here. The same rules apply for children who have been excluded.

Here

Edited by Tez