Sign in to follow this  
clintess

had enough

its my sons behaviour,2night put all 3 boys in bath while i made my bed and all hell broke losse t had pushed j in2 mirror smashing it, he had caught his elbow and had a nick so nothing major but his behavour is getting worse his tried strangle a couple of times my 3 yr old and he hits,pushs and bits the others as well as me, as loads of meltdowns everyday and i cant see his doc till aftr christmas as her dad has just died so going to call his community nurse in morning he is only 6 but so agressive. he has his moments in school but nothing like at home.he hasnt an ed pcy yet and not sure how i go about getting one.he isnt on any meds and doesnt sleep well he was running around till eleven last night. if anyone has any evidence i would be grateful im finding this all difficult at mo.

really sorry to hear that >:D<<'>

I know when i was having troubles in the beginning I just repeatedly went to the Dr until i got him referred to CAMHS.

My son never really got violent with me so i have no idea how that feels but he does with everyone else & his brother is no exception! I do know how hard it is to see them hurt each other badly. I have asked him on many occasions what he would do to someone his size if they were to do half the stuff he does to his brother!!

I know I'm kinda useless when it comes to advise but if you ever need to vent gimme a shout, listening i can do ;)

Hi clintess

We are having this problem at the mo with Char he can be very aggressive towards his sister.We got refered to Steps some sort of chidren social services but they couldn't help us.We are back to the Ped' after christmas.It can really get you down tho' constantly separting them from a heap on the floor.Char is quite big for his age and weighs more then B who's 3 years older.I don't have any advise just try to keep them apart as much as possible until help is available.

We are always here to listen tho'

Lisa x

Awwww Clintess, i understand totally. T is very angry and lashes out all of the time.

He is with CAMHS. They should help you (mind you i'm still waiting for advise to divert his anger). Is he on any medication? T is on Equasym 3 times daily and this seems to have cooled him down somewhat. He still gets his moments of pure :angry: !!!

I hope you get some help soon, you'll have to go to the GP or social worker and stress how serious it is, and keep on chasing it up, or they just don't listen. Thats in my experience anyway.

HTH :D

CAHMS = child and adolescent mental health services

in most health authorities this is the diagnostic service for ASDs (and other developmental/mental health things) although some areas now have an ASD/multiagency team but that is usually part of CAHMS.

they can also prescribe medication and refer on to other services, some, but not all, provide support in the form of courses for children and their carers living with social communication difficulties.

contact is usually through the GP

Zemanski

Edited by littlenemo

;) hello just liked to say your not alone-my 4 year old is wild with my 3 year old,constant day in day out,never ending.

they are like magnets when they get together -i have to drag them apart-biting ,pushing,hitting ,kicking,wacking,punching,,,,,,,,,it never ends.

i know how you feel although ive only got 2.

im awaiting camhs appointment.

i am really starting to doubt my ability to cope with them,good god the thought of them being teenagers is giving me grey hairs :fight:

no one seems to help much-and ive been on lots of parent courses too!!!!

My son (12) threw hot water on his brother (15)yesterday, then later on tried to hit and kick and bite him, punched and kicked his younger brother (8) very hard, hit them all with iceballs so hard they were like stones and really hurting, refused to stop, and as it takes 3 adults (at least I'd say, I tried with one other person several times, to no avail) to move him once he has 'dug his heels in'. Couldn't get him to the Day Unit today as he was so scared about the westher and road conditions, so was stuck wiht him all day and he was pretty difficult, especially once youngest came home, he instnatly started on him again.

I can't leave him alone for 5 minutes and when I do I have to run back to stop him from hurting his brothers etc, there is never a monent's peace till they're finally in bed but then I'm too exhausted to do anything else...

We were on the waiting list for CAHMS as well, but when he started self-harming I went back to the GP who then refered as a matter of urgency and we were seen within a month or so, which was great, though it then still took several months for him to be assessed and yet more for medication to be approved. And despite that, things can still be quite tough.

I SPOKE TODAY WITH HIS COMMUNITY NURSE AND TOLD HER WHAT HAPPENED, SHE IS SENDING ME AN ABC DIARY TO KEEP AND FILL IN THEN COMING OUT IN A COUPLE OF WEEKS AND GOING TO DO A HOME RUN WITH ME FROM SCHOOL TO MONITER HIS BEHAVIOUR AND WHAT IS TRIGGERING HIS MELTDOWNS FROM SCHOOL. STILL TRYING TO GET HOLD OF HIS DOCTOR BUT TO NO AVAIL DISPITE LEAVING MESSAGES. GOT HI IEP FROM SCHOOL TODAY CONFIRMING HE IS ON ACTIONPLUS AGREED WITH ALL BUT ONE THING ON IT REGARDING HIS BEHAVIOUR WITH OTHERS AND KNOWING THAT IT HURTS WHICH I TOTALLY DISAGREE WITHOTHER THAN THAT I CAN SEE HE IS REALLY BEHIND. IM JUST HOPEFULLY HIS DOC WILL GIVE HIM SOME MEDICATION