Sign in to follow this  
Hidden Gem

My Story...

I said COULD HAVE, NOT DEFINATELY HAD.which is exactly what Noetic was saying.Neither do I think you need help living on a day to day basis.Neither of us do.You don't read waht I have written properly.You just read what what you want it to read.

I did not mean AS was a mental illness, what I meant was that in the wider sense I am aware how fragile we all are.

Sorry, I must have misunderstood that then! Glad to hear it, and yes, you are spot on - so many people have difficulties, and I count myself lucky for being able to 'get on with it' when others can't.

Just to add (wish she would not interupt) I don't need help, can you see how difficult it is, she means well, but I'm fine  :wallbash:

I can see why you would feel that way, I don't think I would want anyone rubbing my face in it, especially not if I was perfectly happy with my life, job etc.

I do hope you two can help each other understand where you are coming from, and both find a way of treating each other in a way that suits you both.

It isn't easy to find common ground when you are both different from most people, but in different ways from each other - I am often baffled by people who say that 'people with AS [traits] always get on great with each other', because in my experience it is very often quite difficult, especailly if you both have very different personalities and AS traits!

I by and large only read biography, much for that reason, as a learning experience.

My Mum does this too. I often suspected her motivations/desire for this exclusive type of literature had similar roots to yours :)

Noetic

I too am baffled by people who say people with as traits get on great with each other.I don't think that is the case.My husband says that this is what the problem is.I have a sister as well(who isn't hidden gems sister- complicated!!!!) and we get on really well.She and I haver actually never disagreed or argued but we are very very different and she doesn't have any as traits.

Hidden Gem and I are much more alike but like you said in an earlier post with different as traits presenting themselves differently.

What i would like to do is make some kind of deal with hidden Gem that we never discuss Hidden Gem and As again either on here or face to face unless he really really feels he has to for some important reason or other but I don't think he will agree though.i hope we can work this out though but I dont know if hidden Gem wants to really.

Anyway I wonder if there are many cases of two people with As that are married or in a relationship.I just wonder how it would work.Maybe I should start a new thread on this one.

As a test, I have completed several online tests and I have the triats of several personality disorders, in fact trawling round the net it appears I am as mad as a hatter.

LOL yes that is a very good point - it's a dangerous thing in that respect, the Internet. It's all too easy for some people to get sucked into believing they have everything from Asthma to Schizophrenia if they start reading too much into their personality traits and their physical function ;)

IMHO having traits does definitely NOT equate to actually *having* something. The crucial point is that you are coping well and have a partner, job and friends who make you happy, and the people you see every day accept you for who you are. If circumstances were different, then perhaps you would have problems, but you don't.

While acknowledging AS traits can be interesting and help you understand yourself, making the most of your skills and abilities, digging too deep or being hassled about accepting "having AS" can do more damage than good if you're coping well etc.

ceecee I was just wondering what you were hoping would be gained from a diagnosis (if one were appropriate)?

Please don't feel you have to answer. I'm just being nosey. In fact you can both tell me to 'butt out' if you want.

Right...Moderator's Hat on!!

It has been said before that this is not the appropriate place to discuss such specific family issues.

I am going to close this thread, as I do not think this is a helpful scenario.

In future, please use the PM facility to discuss such issues.

Bid :bat: