Sign in to follow this  
Suze

A bit of an IEP problem.

Hi guys , it,s me again popping up in Education with a problem.My son has a statement...................his last IEP was written in March 2005, with a review in Jul 2005, he has not had an IEP since.In Jul the lea sent a small ammendment to his statement containing recommendations such as access to a computer etc.I have asked the school on several occassions , where is the new IEP, they keep saying it,s coming..............should I write a letter this pm because :angry: , I,ve had enough :angry: .How often should an IEP be written, is there any guidline in the COP the school should be following??

the COP states that IEPs should be reviewed a minimum of twice a year, but suggests termly or more often

Com has has one IEP in over 2 years - this years appeared different but turned out to be a typed copy of the hand-written one he had last year

Zemanski

Suze my daughter's I.E.P is reviewed termly now. In her statement is says **** will have frequent opportunities to access ICT facilities. This means diddly squat as she has no extra time on the computer what so ever. I tried really hard to get this more specific, but the school and the LEA wouldn't budge :wallbash: This was despite the infant school saying how her skills on the computer were equal if not better than her class mates(The only thing that she can out shine some of them in :wub:)and how they felt it enhanced her learning. But then the infants had a computer in all of their classes the juniors do not, and they tell me the ICT suite is booked daily for individual classes which is true. Sorry waffling again Suze :wacko: Hope you have more luck than me

then school should be providing a laptop - it is in her statement therefore she MUST have it

we had this argument at Dot's school (severely dyslexic) when they decided all the classroom computers had to go into a new suite last year. She doesn't have a statement so she has no legal rights but she does have a laptop after a couple of nasty letters to the governors

Zemanski