Sign in to follow this  
Cariad

A safe back garden on a grant. Anybody?

I'm having a grant for T to make the back garden safe. I've had various builders around to try to level off the garden as it has a small wall which drops onto Patio.

They want to create a see through wall around the garden area and sort of soft play it (i think with soft material). They will take down the trees and the bushes (as he tries to climb them and the bushes are overgrown)and put fances up.

Anybody else have a grant to make their garden safe for there autistic/ADHD child?

:pray:

Really? Why is that? I've had a downstairs bathroom for T and now the garden. Mind you he has co ordination problems too, and can be unsteady on his feet.

I'm sure some things are open to you.

Where do you get these grants from? I'd love my garden to be made more suitable for dd to play out, safety rubber flooring preferably that she can ride her trike on and will be low maintainance as I have a bad back and can't mow the ever growing lawn :rolleyes:

We had a disabled facilites grant for a new bedroom for our son, we had to be assessed by the occupational health therapist then a recommendation was put in for us.

Denise 2

my sister was refused a grant for making her garden safe as they said by law it is something social services should provide.

Yes they have to provide this service, but they can also set guidelines/criteria which unfortunately makes this yet another service we can't access in my area, can't even get an OT assessment :(

it was the family fund denise,shes just found another source of funding,i think its from an organisation called momo,il find out for sure and let you know.