Sign in to follow this  
Kathryn

Am I the first one to get it up this year?

Just introducing a bit of seasonal cheer. :):) We've just put up our tree and I would have been nagged into it yesterday if we hadn't been busy. :hypno::hypno:

I know, I know, it seems very early to do this and it always fills me with panic as it brings Christmas closer and I've barely started on any shopping. :o

I must say though, with the lights on and carols in the background it all seems very festive. :) A lot has happened since those decorations last saw daylight. Today L was in full charge of the decorating and she and her brother did the whole tree on their own - last year she barely seemed to know what was happening and just sat twiddling the tinsel. :wacko:

I have wonderful memories of Christmas trees when I was growing up - my dad just used to cut a branch from one of the cypress trees outside and the smell used to fill the house. Nowadays we have a 5 ft artificial tree and everything just gets piled randomly onto it till the decs run out. I'd love a real tree but L won't hear of it - she wants us to have the same tree every year.

How about you? Tall or short, real or artificial, chaotic or colour coordinated - how do you like yours?

oooer Mrs!!! :jester:

I like real ones, and the bigger the better covered in baubles and lots of twinkling lights:lol: ! But won't be putting it up until next week end. :rolleyes: If you put real ones up too soon the pine leaves drop off :D

Lauren

B) .....shall start putting up lights this weekend and the tree next weekend, I like mine real and bushy, and not to bare at the top :thumbs:

Shame on you, you depraved lot. ;)

Please please someone come along and tell me I'm not the only person with a Christmas tree up already. I'll be so embarrassed otherwise. :unsure::lol:

Sorry Kathryn but we beat you!

We put our tree up yesterday, because Kai nagged and nagged me until i gave in!

I am such a perfectionist so i like mine all coordinated and symetrical, but Kai likes to do his own thing (ie messy). I waited until he was in bed, then i tidied it up. This morning, we discovered that one of our cats had knocked the damn thing over and it was totally ruined! That will teach me!

Loulou x

Phew. Now I don't feel so alone, Loulou- thanks :) . I only put ours up because of nagging. I would quite happily have left it till next weekend.

Sorry to hear about your tree - no baubles broken I hope.

Our cat is nearly blind and I think she finds her way around by memory these days. It's only a matter of time before she does something similar as she won't know the tree is there.

K x

Hi Kathryn,

I don't know which is worse, cats or kids! :wacko:

I'm going to try not to get stressed about the tree this year. Last year i was forever re-decorating it after it had been wrecked by one boy and two cats! If it looks untidy then who cares? It's already had various teddies "climbing" up it, and a few toy cars have crashed into it and been "blown up" :) .

Thankfully i have just got shatter proof decorations. I must say, it does look very pretty with the lights twinkling.

Loulou x

Edited by loulou

I remember a few Christmas' past (bah humbug) when we had to resort to putting the tree in the playpen (well what was left of it :lol: ) Plus all the decorations had to be moved to the top of the tree and the bottom left bare :wub:

I have been nagged all afternoon to climb into the loft and get the decorations down. Guess that's what I'll be doing tomorrow then!!!!!!

By the way - I like real one :D , that isn't too prickly :lol: and it's bits don't fall off too quickly. ;)

Clarkie

We put our Tree up this afternoon. Last year it went up three days before Christmas :shame: because we were still try to put the house straight after our alterations. So I promised Matthew that this year it would be up lots sooner.

I am really pleased with the Tree this year because we invested in some new much needed decorations :) It's LOVELY

Carole

My tree will go up next weekend as tradition dictates (or in our case hubby)

I like a real one but a couple of years ago all the needles fell off on christmas eve so we had to rush out and buy an artificial one. We got an enormous all singing all dancing one that wouldn't look out of place in a shopping center, I hate it but hubby insists we use it as it cost a lot of money. I have to decorate it as I can't stand it looking messy. We don't have tinsel. I have ribbon in gold with gold and purple balls it is soooo pretty, oh and only white lights. It's my thing at christmas no one ever touches my tree. :shame:;)

Viper.

A few people have put there lights on and tree up round this area already, one friend's Mum put her lot up at the beginning of November to wind her grandchildren up! LOL

I an't putting mine up for another fotnight yet! Unless of course I get nagged into it by T but so far so good! B)

Guest hallyscomet

B) I tossed out our artificial one two years ago both my children preferred the artificial one as they are easier to decorate. However, if you get in early over here you can get some really good shaped trees that are easier to decorate. Once my children smelt the fragrance going through the house they loved it so now we go fresh. Hope to get ours next week. I usually put mine up traditionally on 1 December a bit late this year.

All around us the homes have gone all out American with the Christmas lights and animals all over the house. We love to go in the car and drive around the suburbs looking at them all, some must spend weeks putting them up. :dance::)

Hailey

Oooohhhh!!!! :clap::clap::clap: (only just noticed this nice AS clapping emoticon...it's an impression of me when I'm excited! :lol: )

Real tree, and only white lights.

I'd love to have a 'grown-up' tree, like Viper's, but we have to have the same decorations each year (which I do love, but they are sort of Shaker/countryish and sometimes I long for sophistication ;) )

Our's will go up on the weekend before Christmas.

Happy Christmas everyone...off to work now :tearful:

Bid :):clap:

Can you call 'gaudy' a theme?

My son has apparently taken possession of the school tree, which they put up very slowly so that nobody gets too perturbed. His job was to count out various decorations and take them to each class so that they can take turns in hanging them up. Now as he passes the tree and sees a class doing their bit he stops and watches what they're doing and does not move on until satisfied that they're doing it properly. :thumbs:

Jaded what a nice idea for your son, B) ....................now to some parents.............there does seem to be an element of OCD creeping in to your Christmas tree decorating...........me?................. :whistle: ............I let the kids decorate it , then creep down at night and perfect it to symmetrical/colour co ordination perfection...................and if any one tampers with it :devil:

our artificial tree went up yesterday :D

i let the kids help with decorating it then tidied it up when they went to bed......glad to see i wasn't alone in doing that....lol

My dh was going oute arly this morning about 2 am and at 1.30 he d got the xmas tree out lol.We have gone for the easier option this year we have downside from a 6ft artificial one with decorations to a 5ft fibre optic.The lads arent kids anymore and a s much as our other tree was expensive when we bought it we justhavent the room for it now(bah humbug not just practical)the decorations awill be going up later today or tomorrow dpends whwn he gets around to it,probably be done by the time i get home from work at 7. lynn

Our tree went up yesterday evening as soon as son disappeared upstairs for bed/bath. We all love Christmas and love the look on our sons face when he sees the decorations the following morning. He plays Christmas music and videos all year round. He may be 20 but what the heck.

Good taste and Christmas do not go together in our home. We have Mickey Mouse and co, an array of Scooby Doos (mine) and an assortment of singing dancing Father Christmas. I added to the collection with a Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer who sings and his little nose lights up (so cute!)

Love Lorainexxx

Our tree has been up for over a week now, as well as the wreaths and mantle decoration. The tree is always decorated with gold decorations and clear lights. Since the tree has gone up the hi-fi has been belting out the usual festive songs.

For the past number of years we've used a 6' artificial tree. During the early years we used to get a real tree but guaranteed either Daniel, his sister or the dog would knock it over and there'd be water and pine needles everywhere.

Our tree has been up for over a week now, as well as the wreaths and mantle decoration. The tree is always decorated with gold decorations and clear lights. Since the tree has gone up the hi-fi has been belting out the usual festive songs.

Umm, I'm moving to your house! :devil:

Nothing like Christmas music to get you into the good ol' festive spirit eh!! ;)

I think the Kellogs factory in Trafford Park is the first,they've had their lights/trees up since at least November I think,but not switched on till probably the 1st of December.