Sign in to follow this  
hev

im always stressed

from the minute i get up till minute i go to bed im stressed,even in bed im thinking about tomorrow,what will steves contact book say,silly things like what post office shall i go to,nothing seems straightfoward to me,i would love to be laidback but the older i get the more i worry,if i get pins and needles i imagine a stroke,its all getting me down now,i just want to take things in my stride,im thinking of trying relaxation tapes but no clue where to start,or positive thinking tapes,any advice please as i really want to change negative way i think

>:D<<'> Hi Hev >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Do you think you could be suffering from depression? being over anxious is a sign, i'm like that :rolleyes:

Maybe it's worth talking to your GP

Take Care >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Madmooch

Sorry to hear you are stressed but unfortunatley it seems to be the "norm "for us parents. I am stressed out but only after i have been dealing with the so called PROFESSIONALS. This absolutley has me tearing my hair out. For the rest of the time my motto to those dissaproving eyes if you dont like it dont look at it. This usually makes me feel good about myself and i can carry on with my day.

Hope this is of some help :wacko:

laine, what you say rings so true for me too. I get more stressed dealing with the teachers and LEA (and a clinician at CAMHS who's on her final chance before I ask for a different doctor) than I do with my son. Which at the moment means that I'm stressed all the time because dealing with the above named people is an ongoing saga for us, as it is for many!

Thankfully I have a very sympathetic GP.

Hev, You're certainly not alone, and though it doesn't help in a practical sense, hope you can get some strenght out of the solidarity on here. Sending you a huge >:D<<'>

Lauren

Edited by Lauren

having a good day today :clap: going to take each day as it comes and not keep worrying,well try to anyway!!i had a good night sleep last night and thats helped

Guest flutter

i soo glad >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

i have taken my own advice and gone and got some flower remedies

my stress levels have gone into orbit lol :lol:

I am treated for a anxiety disorder (had it all my life) and before I had medication I tried Bach remedies and also Kalms (herbal remedy) I swear by the Kalms more than anything and even now if i am feeling especially edgy I will take them.Sometimes things like this creep up on us and the little things gradually take their toll. Also i find that boots botanics range of massage oils are a godsend, again they are herbal and they do work.

Try and look after yourself a bit and find a bit of time for yourself.

One of the other things for me is just talking it over with my mate and having a cuppa , we just need to vent sometimes.

I think you may find as well that the things that you are worrying about aren't the real worries (e.g the post office) but perhaps it is a feeling of being overwhelmed?

Maybe?

Relaxation tapes can sometimes be borrowed from the g.p or your library may be able to get hold of them.

Please take care and hope you are feeling better today

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

hi hev- im very much the same

in fact 2 years back it became so bad i had to see a lovely lady shrink,referred by my drs.

i know medication isnt for everyone but id become so bad i needed some,i still see her and it helps me alot to talk this stuff through.

ive also had cognitive behavioral therapy- where u try to change your pattern of negative thoughts-it did help -but its hard to do.

i just couldnt relax or switch of,things became obbsesive and i was really bad tempered over the smallest things :fight::fight:

i learned transendental meditation when i was younger and used to do it alot-its about letting the cr*p go what clutters your head up-but have to admit i really dont have time for it now i have the boys ect.....

but its ment to be the best form of stress release going :P