Sign in to follow this  
LKS

Oh sweet revenge

LSA handed me a letter in the playground today

Dear Mrs ******

Following your request to see *** various files and subsequently identifying several you would like copied, please find these enclosed. It would appear that there is conflicting advice on the charge per copy. Intially I went to the civic centre and they quoted a similar cost to that identified in my letter(45p) I thought this was exorbitant and therefore reduced the cost th 20p only to then find it cost school �8 more than the amount we had charged(due to large number of copies requested)For this reason I reinstated the figure we had been quoted.However I understand under the Data protection act there is a quite clear statement about how much may be charged(thanks Helen :thumbs: ) Confusion I'm afraid, Anyway the result is that we request �1 to cover the cost of the copies please.

On reviewing the documents you requested, I cannot see why copies of these were not made available to you :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: I can see that they would have given you a much clearer impression both of how **** is progressing and how much carefully structured work is being done to support her learning. Can I say how much more keen she is to work in all aspects of the curriculum since returning after summer. I don't know whether there is anything significant that may have triggered this, but it was noticeable from the first day (yes she likes this teacher, she doesn't shout)

Can I also apologise for the comments that were added to one of your e-mails. This was inappropriate. I have already spoken to the member of staff and will do so tomorrow when I see the other. Schools need to maintain a certain standard and clearly this would have caused distress. I trust that after my comments,both to the two individuals currently implicated, and on more general terms to the whole staff, there will not be another occurrence. B)

I am happy with this but there is no copy of the e-mail I requested, should I just let this go. Also no-one else has been copied on this letter. Do you think I should copy it to the COG and also my SN officer. Oh I did so enjoy getting this :devil:

LKS

Personally, I wouldn't let it go. This Head may be nice, but will she always be around to keep the staff on their toes? What was said/written is on your child's record, therefore you are entitled to have it. Things may have been sorted for now but if something else happens in the future, it would help to have this. In some cases this may seem vindictive, but in the case of our children we may often have to fight the same battles again & again.

LKS. I would let it go but keep all the documentation you have plus a very close eye on the situation. Perhaps writing a letter to the head, detailing the whole story and thanking her for dealing with it. That way you have something which can tell the whole story if you ever run in to something like this again.

Great knews, and I agree with Annie, Frame the letter :lol:

Lauren

LKS,

It's good to have the apology, even though it was probably a forced gesture, however, your head hasn't given you the entire documentation you requested, you still haven't received a copy of 'that' email.

I would urge you to get this ASAP for your own records.

I think I agree Helen, even though the letter admits that there was an e-mail I have nothing to show what is was about :wacko: You are right I have asked for a copy and for whatever reason it hasn't been provided. This letter is such a turn-around of the heads usual attitude that I can only think he has secretly fallen in love with me and wants me to have his children :sick::lol:

This letter is such a turn-around of the heads usual attitude that I can only think he has secretly fallen in love with me and wants me to have his children 
:lol::lol::lol:

and..................?

I have to agree with Helen, this besotted head still hasn't given you what you want!! The copy of the email!!

LKS, Great result, well done! :thumbs:

Nellie xx

This letter is such a turn-around of the heads usual attitude that I can only think he has secretly fallen in love with me and wants me to have his children :sick::lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

How about something along the lines of, "thank you very much for providing the records I requested, however you seem to have forgotten to include a copy of the email . . . " :whistle:

Result! B)

What's more they have acknowledge that this e-mail exists :oops: :

Can I also apologise for the comments that were added to one of your e-mails. This was inappropriate.

They are not allowed to destroy it (Data protection issues) :shame: so it should still be there and, as it was apart of your daughters records, you are STILL entitled to have a copy of it. I'd get one, just in case things do turn nasty. Would make a great piece of evidence to support you in showing what their attitude was like!

Hi LKS bit late to replying to this, not had much time to post just read lately, long suffering one is already looking not best pleased as I'm on the blumming puter.

Anyway .... I agree that it needs following up, you are entitled to have a copy of this email and they have acknowledged it. It may be a useful piece of evidence at a later date, especially if you run into trouble with the SENCO :devil:

Great that the HT has done this, well done to you and your perseverance.

HHxx

I have written to the head, thanking him for his letter, comments and copies :) I said that I would like a copy of this e-mail as requested as it forms part of my daughter's records. I enjoyed putting 2 50p pieces in :lol: I have copied this letter and his one to me, to the COG and my SNO at the LEA. I did this because he seemed to have missed copying anyone else :shame:

I have written to the head, thanking him for his letter, comments and copies :) I said that I would like a copy of this e-mail as requested as it forms part of my daughter's records. I enjoyed putting 2 50p pieces in :lol: I have copied this letter and his one to me, to the COG and my SNO at the LEA. I did this because he seemed to have missed copying anyone else :shame: