Sign in to follow this  
madmooch

Suspect hubby to have AS

I might sound a bit paranoid but i think my hubby might have AS.

Here are some of the things he does-

1, He inspects empty things for ages before he throws them in the bin.

2, He counts the number of wipes used on littleones bums before putting in bin.

3, He climbs a few stairs and then goes back down them again before going up the stairs again.

4, He mumbles alot to himself.

5,He hates crowds and loses his temper.

6, He hates any little spot of dirt on his clothes and his clothes has to be put neatly away.

7, When confronted about his feelings he either leaves the room or gets verbally agressive.

8, He doesn't like going out anywhere, only for walks on his own.

I'm sure i could think of more of his funny habits given time but i'm having to do this quickly before he comes back.

What do you think am i being daft or do you think there is something there?

Madmooch

That sounds a bit like ocd to me as well although there could be as traits there the two often run together.Be careful how you approch this with him if you are going to.Certainly people with As find it very difficult to talk about fellings and emotions and from things I have read can get quite agressive about emotions. :)

Sorry just to add if you have children on the spectrum then it can sometimes be the case if you look back through the family there are other family members with it as well. :blink:

yes i thought ocd rather than as.

I thought ocd as well.

But like people say once youve got an aperger in youre family you often start looking at other family memebers even yourself and often see similar traites even if they arent as pronounced.

Weve noticed that my sons grandfather/my dad does many things that our son does.We were also told that his great grandfather was odd and never made eye contact either.Ive also noticed that i like my son hate crowds and busy places and have fussy ways for want of a better word.

I agree with you Paula once you notice A.S. in one family member you cn often pick it up in other family members.These things are often very hereditary.As you said in your case you can trace it back to your son's great grandfather.

My mam has commented a few times on hubby's lack of eye contact when she comes over, he will just sit in the dining room and read a paper etc.

He is also very depressed a the mo though he deny's it, he thinks that if a man takes anti-depressants it's a sign of weakness :blink:

Those of you who have had dx in adulthood, how did you react/cope with it?

Madmooch :D

Madmooch

Eye contact or lack of it is often a common symptom of A>S.Or eye contact can be over intense.He probably feels more nervous when your mum comes over so that makes him worst.The more nervous someone with A.S. is the more the symptoms are apparent.

Cant help with feelings after diagnosis as I self diagnosed. :)

I don't have any problems with eye contact but do have slight difficulties in other areas.

Take care try not to worry about it too much.Easier said than done I know.

I would advise you to proceed with caution though :unsure:

Valiant skyline.

Thanks for the link.

Not much hope for me.I have both A.S. and O.C.D thought I'd be greedy and have both :lol::lol:

Off to have a glass of wine to comiserate. :party::party:

Edited by ceecee