Sign in to follow this  
elaine1

Give Me Strength!!!!!!!!!!!

:wallbash::tearful:

god almighty!!!!!!!!. Tom came home on friday with a letter saying he had detention after school today becuase he hadnt handed in his homework.

he was very upset, he said mom i did hand it in. apart from that on his Isp it states that he is not to be given detention for not handing in his homework on time.

I phoned the school and his head of year sorted it out for me.

what makes me angry is that his teacher should have known a bout this. It seems every year you have to explain things over and over again. Why cant the teachers just read about pupils who have a statement and take notes of these things.

This teacher only has tom in his class with a statement - how hard can it be?.

I wonder if he was beating up other pupils or causing a disruption in class if he would get more attention and special privaliges.

In his school pupils who turn up regularly get special trips - he is not included in these though cos they know he will turn up anyway.

what is this world coming to?????????? :angry:

Yous son must get extremely frustrated and I for one don't blame him.You shouldn't have to keep going over the same things and issues with a teacher but seemingly we as parents do. :wallbash:

Hi Elaine,

I would be very tempted to produce a small handout - a bit like a business card - have them laminated and then personally hand one to 'ALL' of Tom's teachers :devil: Now they may not remember what is printed on the card but they will remember that they were given it, and that may just be enough for them to do a double take with Tom before they act? Of course I don't know if the Head would approve of this. I did something similar for Matthew by writing a profile about him. I gave it out to teachers and dinner staff. Can't say that the school were happy about it but I had alreday done it so what could they do apart from sound off :angry::lol:

Carole

Edited by carole

Caroles idea is a really good one, a parent at the support group I go to , did something similar when his son started H/S, a list of problems,stratergies etc,

Guest hallyscomet

Oh Carole what an excellent idea, wish I had thought of this for my son in high school, it would have saved me hours in phone calls having to ring his teachers all the time.

Regards

Hailey B)

Carole, thanks for that. Tom was given a laminated 'identity' card when he started at secondary school, but he has since lost it and hasnt been given a replacement.

It narks me that i have to do this but think i will make a replacement myself.

I am an NNEB and when i worked at a primary school, and i knew i was going to be caring for a child with special needs i made it my business to read about thier condition and speak to the paernts. It took perhaps a couple of hours in all.

Why is this such a problem?. As i said enough information is given out about the top sensitive subject of the month, bullying. We encounter that too, but it is always me who has to sort the ###### thing out.

scuse my language but i am fuming at the moment. :wallbash:

Guest flutter

i have made laminate letter for daughter to give to teachers who wnat her to do stuff she cant do cos of recovery form boken wrist

i workin on thoery now that i will do it my way, cso it best for her

C xx