Sign in to follow this  
cindy30fish

Theme Park and cinema tickets

Most of you probally Know this but just in case.

I went to florida and when i got to the theme parks, my son had major meltdowns

because he didnt like the rides, or the crowds.

A member of staff saw the Commotion and rushed over to help when I explained he had AS she took us over to customer service and they gave us a pass that allowed us to go in all the exits. :thumbs:

They told us all theme parks in the US would give us these pass?s.

We were also taken on behind the scenes, the Americas believe us as parents have enough to deal with, and try to make it as best as they can for us.

SO??..Came back to England and started to compare attitudes and was presently surprised. B)

Thorpe park don?t charge to carers and gave a blue band to go straight in rides NO queues.

So if you little person want to try a ride there is no build up so they have a go.

And they can stay with a partner why you go on and then you just swap.

Chessington the same and the cinemas don?t charge us and you can arrange to be taken in and sat down before others,( depending on the cinema).

So now before I go out I check to see how they can meet our needs

Isn?t good to see people taking such a positive attitude towards our children.

And it makes our life so much easier and can make a potential disastrous day a pleasure.

B)

I know that Lightwater Valley in North Yorkshire do the same, me and both kids got orange wristbands to gain entry to the rides B) They also allowed my son (14) to go in as a carer as well as me so we paid less too!

Oh wow, I didn't know the hatred of queues was an ASD thing, just thought it was my little boy!!! We have to say "it's not a queue, it's a line" otherwise he kicks off and it's usually whilst he's with his Dad (I don't do rides!) who gets really stressed with it.

We love Florida but the queue thing was a major concern - now thanks to your advice I will be discussing this as an option for holiday 2006!

I will also make enquiries whether Legoland do a similar scheme as we go regularly.

Do you have to have proof that your child is ASD, mine is not registered disabled or anything.

Great advice though, cheers!

Stephanie

hi Stephanie,

In the USA they told me they are nit allowed to ask you for proof of your childs condition.

What a man at sea world said " Why would someone to sick enough to lie about it"

So they just wouldnt ask.........................

so the answer is no you do not need proof, and they will bend over backwards to accomdate you.

Have fun in the usa

This is exciting news... my daughtwr likes the rides but can't queue too long as the hustle sets her off...

We are off to florida in April so this is great news!!

The one question is? I have 4 children three of which love the rides including J who has AS, as my hubby doesn't like rides and stays off with my little one, would they allow all 4 of us to go on through the exits etc or would they think this cheeky?

Anne

With the mouse park they wanted to segregate the disabled and non-disabled members of our party to watch the parade, so we said no thanks.

I think there are pros and cons to this sort of thing, an enclosed area where people can sit in their wheelchairs and get a good view of the parades without people standing in their way can only be a good thing. If it can be used for people with autism so that they aren't stood in a bustling crowd then that is good. But if they are segregating for no other reason than to keep the disabled lot in one place it is wrong.

Or do you mean that they wouldn't allow the non-disabled people in your party to be with their disabled companions?

Or do you mean that they wouldn't allow the non-disabled people in your party to be with their disabled companions?

That was it. He was a major buggy user.

Edited by call me jaded

When we went to Florida there were 7 of us including my AS son and we were all allowed to enter the rides at the exit together.

Lisa

Blimey - you lucky boogers! :rolleyes: No such special treatment for me! Should I demand compensation?! :lol:

Although queues have never really bothered me any more than they would bother NTs.

James

Does anyone know if this system works in Disneyland Paris? We are going there next weekend and although I don't anticipate big queues the idea of ds being able to wait in a quieter area would make the visit more bearable for him and us!! He loves the idea of DL but the reality he finds hard!

Carrie

Most of you probally Know this but just in case.

I went to florida and when i got to the theme parks, my son had major meltdowns

because he didnt like the rides, or the crowds.

A member of staff saw the Commotion and rushed over to help when I explained he had AS she took us over to customer service and they gave us a pass that allowed us to go in all the exits. :thumbs:

They told us all theme parks in the US would give us these pass?s.

We were also taken on behind the scenes, the Americas believe us as parents have enough to deal with, and try to make it as best as they can for us.

SO??..Came back to England and started to compare attitudes and was presently surprised. B)

Thorpe park don?t charge to carers and gave a blue band to go straight in rides NO queues.

So if you little person want to try a ride there is no build up so they have a go.

And they can stay with a partner why you go on and then you just swap.

Chessington the same and the cinemas don?t charge us and you can arrange to be taken in and sat down before others,( depending on the cinema).

So now before I go out I check to see how they can meet our needs

Isn?t good to see people taking such a positive attitude towards our children.

And it makes our life so much easier and can make a potential disastrous day a pleasure.

B)

Hi cindy30fish

Also Poultons Park in Hampshire are very good and give wrist bands which includes carers.

Kind regards

Lufty