Sign in to follow this  
Viper

My house is such a mess.

Do you ever look round your house and find it is all too much to clean on your own? Well I just did and decided to escape it all and post on here about it. :lol:

It is soooo untidy I can't work out where to start. There are not enough hours in a day to do everything I need to do. Educating at home takes away all the time I have to do cleaning so it builds up until I can't stand it any longer, then I look round and somehow have to start somewhere. It gets a bit overwhelming sometimes and my kids don't help. My husband is good but he gets in a foul mood when he has to do anything and ends up shouting at the kids cos they make so much mess.

Oh well, rant over must start somewhere.

Viper.

Know just how you feel Viper, I have a partner who does literally NOTHING in the house, at all, no I am not kidding. If I do get on at him about something his reaction sounds very much like my partners (you sure they aren't twins lol) He saying in a minute for a few hours, then has a moan that his back hurts/heaache/winge of the day, then starts shouting and has a lovely meltdown all of his own and usually storms out. Place is upside down, I did want things sorting before Xmas but not enough hours in the day.

You may not believe me but here's a small list

He hasn't washed a thing for 5 years at least and only did then as I was in hospital, that includes dishes and laundry.

He hasn't hoovered for about 2/3 years.

He did tidy the desk about 5 months ago as he lost something but when I went to get something he'd just tipped it all into the drawers.

I did mean nothing :hypno:

Edited by lil_me

:lol: The other day I started writing a similar thread; then I thought what am I doing writing about it? So I started and now my house is immaculate (not that I'm gloating or anything :o honest).

Viper, I felt just like you. Totally overwhelmed. I started with the washing and ironing; and once I had control of that I felt able to do other things.

It's an ongoing problem though; you get it done then it builds up again. Organised type folk just keep at it but I can never manage that; life just takes over and before you know it your living in squalor :D

Sending you energy vibes (not that I have much of that)

Lauren >:D<<'>

I'm going to start again when my back stops hurting Lauren, but sometimes you need a moan before you can do anything :lol:

It is a never ending circle tho, always something that needs doing :whistle: How much are cleaners, ironing services and laundrette's these days ?

Edited by lil_me

Exactly how i feel, The house is clean & tidy for a max of 3 hrs then H gets in from school and i wonder why i bothered :( the windows are constantly dirty off H smearing choccy on them and licking them and C copies what H does so i have 2 of them at it :(

:tearful::tearful::tearful::tearful::tearful::tearful::tearful::tearful::tearful::tearful::tearful:

I think i'll leave home :D

Madmooch

I'm on my fifth load of washing today, and I've cleaned the bathroom and the sitting room. Went to Tesco and when I came back the sitting room looks as though it hasn't been touched, and, oh joy, was full of my sister-in-law and her family who'd dropped by to see my tree (erm, I haven't bought it yet), the kids weren't dressed and had been messing about with my hidden stash of makeup, the baby had a poo-ey nappy, I hadn't written their card or bought bits for their children, my ASD lad has had diarrhoea and the whole house STINKS.

Just thought I'd share that with before I tackle the monumental pile of clean but unsorted laundry.

Can I come with you MM?

well so far I've cleaned the windows, pulled out one sofa (the mess under there was incredible) hoovered behind the TV (found mouse droppings) cleaned out my 3 parrots, hoovered the stairs, hall and landing. I've still got to clean out the tortoise,pull out the other sofa. put all the toys away, hoover the rest of the house, tidy the bedrooms and whatever else I find on the way.

Oh well back to the grindstone.

Viper.

I totally sympathise! >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

We have enough clutter to fill a six bedroomed house: what we have is a small three bedroomed terrace. We have no garage or shed, so nowhere to dump all the junk. I spend ages looking for things which have been misplaced. I'm trying to get rid of it but it's a slow process.

I find it hard enough keeping up with the basics, ie the washing up and washing which has to be done, let alone find time to clean windows, sweep the stairs and clear out cupboards. I think part of the problem is that I find it such a pointless, soul destroying activity because after a day or two it looks as though you never did anything.

ive just about given up hope of ever having a clean house,i dont see the point of spending the few hours i have to myself doing housework,i hate it,my lovely hubby has cleaned from top to bottom today while i went to my mums confirmation :wub:

soul destroying activity because after a day or two it looks as though you never did anything.

Or an hour or 2 in my house. Got some stuff done today, don't get me wrong I'll never have a show house, I'd hate that but just people who clean up after themselves would be a god send :pray:

Edited by lil_me

Read through this one with a big grin on my face - Glad it's not just me then!!!!!!

I'm one of those annoyingly tidy people. Or at least i used to be :blink::lol:

'A place for everything ...... ' You get the idea! :rolleyes:

I find i can't settle if the house is a tip - which at the moment seems to be the majority of the time. :oops: I've had little monkey, school, my mum, my own health problems (###### steroids...) and work to deal with these last couple of months. There just arn't enough hours left for keeping on top of things.

But on the plus side - hubbys fantastic. Obviously being male :rolleyes: i have to ask him to do something, but bless him, he does! :wub:

Ho Hum....... off to attack the lounge - if i'm not back in 20 minutes, send in a search party...... :ph34r:

this post made me laugh as i was sitting at the computer and house is terrible,if someone came in they would think ive been burgled,told steve not to answer the door at any costs!!partner is very good,he does most of it,thats the main reason im letting him stay :lol::lol:

I hate housework, its such a thankless task. But I cant stand living in a mess either

Its even worse when I put my glasses on and can actually see the dust and grime.

Just to make you feel better Viper I arrived home from a quick visit to the shops just in time to see a tin of paint sealer explode in my kitchen. Husband ran around moaning about the mess whilst yours truly got on and cleaned it up. It has gone everywhere and needed loads of white spirit to get it off. I even had to throw out the poor dogs bowl.

Lorainexxx

I rest my case..........

Was washing up, daydreaming about bits i should be doing for work..... cup slipped, broken and cut my finger *ouch*...

Therefore - housework is dangerous to your health...

My excuse and i'm sticking to it :whistle:

thanks smiley,im def not doing any now you have said its bad for my health,thats all the encouragement i needed to lay on the sofa!!

I dream of the day when I put something away and it's still there when I need

it.

Kerre I am houseproud too, but my 4 children and all my animals contrive to undo all the good I have done, even down to shedding skin to make dust all over my furniture. :lol:

I have a big problem with mold in my house, it is everywhere, it's something to do with the amount of people breathing, (there are 6 of us) it causes condensation which causes mold. To stop it we have to buy an extractor that is fitted in the attic to remove the excess moisture, it costs around �700. In the meantime I have to keep cleaning everything to keep it under control. I have asked the kids to stop breathing but they just carry on regardless, so inconsiderate. :whistle:

I am having Indian take away today cos I can't be bothered to cook. :oops:

Viper.

even down to shedding skin to make dust all over my furniture. :lol: I have asked the kids to stop breathing but they just carry on regardless, so inconsiderate. :whistle:

:lol::lol:

I asked my hubby to stop breathing aswell :oops::lol:

He's as bad as the kids :rolleyes:

Madmooch

Hi,

I love a tidy house too, but it just ain't gonna happen with Kai the whirlwind and 2 cats around! :wacko:

It's never ending isn't it? Drinks being spilt, crumbs on the sofa, sticky fingerprints everywhere, toys all over the place, cats missing the litter tray :sick:

Aaaarrggghhh!

I wonder whether Direct Payments would cover the cost of cleaner? :lol:

Loulou x

same here honey. My Toms bedroom is skanky, i tidy it and hoover and then go in at night and its just the same, he piles things up like all his manu mags and toys are in one corner. his star wars stuff in another.

we gave him loads of drawer space to put each collection in seperatly but it seems he needs to see them. :devil:

i give up! as long as the place is sanitary thats enough for me. lol :P

You know what I hate - you spend a whole day getting one room just right, go back into another room and find that one's turned into a tip as well. :wallbash:

I'd love to be able to blitz the house with a cleaning frenzy but having Lupus means I get tired very quickly and if I try too much I go into flare which makes me very ill.

So - messy it stays - it's clean though - just cluttered :wub:

The trouble with cleaning is that it doesn't work - it just gets messed up again :fight:

Between ys and the house rabbits and the guineas there is just isn't a hope of a clean house :blink: Even if there were as many places to put things as there are things :wallbash: