Sign in to follow this  
Tensing

When will it all stop?

When will it all stop?

Sorry feeling really low, and need a good moan.

Well it?s the end of term two out of 4 have now broken up and the youngest two only have tomorrow left at school.

H is still struggling with school, though school still seem to think he is coping just fine. He has his SENDIST Tribunal on the 1st February and I am really not looking forward to it. AND If I hear the phrase ?we have other children whose needs are far worse, and their parents haven?t got a problem with our teaching?, So their parents don?t realise their children have got problems, what do they want me to do? Go round telling the other parents that their children have got a problem.

R?s behaviour is getting worse (not so much naughty, as odd) and again school just don?t seem to care or even acknowledge any problem. I personally feel that she has at least dyslexia and possibly dyspraxia. She has at least got someone from SENSS coming out to assess her in January and is awaiting an appointment for the paediatricians in the New Year.

S has had her insulin changed and she now has to inject at lunchtime with a fast acting insulin, some LSA (who has nothing to do with my daughter) complained today to my daughters head of year about my daughter injecting in the canteen, because her needles are sharp (blunt ones would be fairly useless, I feel). Her head of division has now decided that she will have to inject ?somewhere? quiet and would I phone the deputy principle to discuss it. Of course he did not have the courtesy to phone me and being the last day, by the time S was home from school and told me I could not get any response from school.

On a plus point J?s school has finally agreed that my son?s hand writing is unreadable (as I have been saying for the last 5 years), so he is now getting help with his handwriting and an Alpha Smart to help him in his lessons.

Oh and to top it all my Ex-Husband is being a t*****r again, he still fails to believe that H has anything wrong with him.

you poor sausage you really are having a rough time of it, just saying i understand and am sending a big cyber hug your way. >:D<<'>

Hi Caroline >:D<<'>

Well done to your daughter for self injecting!

Surely the school should have given her a private place to inject to begin with for her own privacy and safety.

Having a few problems myself at the moment. I wonder whether the stress of this time of year is doing us no good either.

Thank goodness this forum is here. I am finding it good therapy to write it down.

Seems to put everythng in perspective.

Hope things calm down now the children are off school.

Hi Tensing, my AS son of 12 is also diabetic, and though as yet he does not have to have injections during school time (with which he could not cope by himself), when he joined the school over a year ago he was given a special place where to check his blood sugars and for the staff to check up on him. This place has become a safe haven, as he can not cope being with all the other youngsters anyway.

I am looking into buying him an insulin pump, though very expensive (DLA to the part-rescue only) this will make the whole cycle of injections, fingerpricks, food-intake, exercise levels ect so much easier to regulate. And ofcourse, this means that he can have an injection at school as all I need to do is pre-set the pump and it'll be done automatically!

Your daughter sounds much more independent than my son, in that she seems to be able to manage her own diabetes quite well, which my son cannot do at all.